Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all; Since I did the Bounce thing Saturday and changed my password at home I cannot use GTT. At work no problem which is where I am right now posting this. At times I get ERROR page 404 not found and other times I get in after about 4 minutes then a little box pops up and says server busy try again later.. I cannot get on GTT at all to do anything from home. I sent Vertical a message and a person got back to me asking what time of day am I trying to log on and what timezone am I in.. That was it, no more help from that company after I explained what was happening. I Just got on a couple minuets ago here at work and sorry if this has already been posted.. Can anyone explain to me what in tarnation is going on since the password change??? I like to connect from home on a daily basis but this has me totally confused and I don't want to head to my IT company to spend any money to fix something I didn't break!. Thanks Jeff

One more thing that just happened, when I submitted this post another box came up and said I wasn't logged in,, yes I was or I wouldn't have been able to type in the post! Now what? I am not a computer expert by any stretch so I am clueless at the moment.. Thanks..

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,211 Posts
Just a thought, did you clear your history/cookies?

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
The first thing I do when something unexplained like this happens on a particular site, is to delete the browsers cache. Each browser can be different but this site has most of them listed with instructions: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

If you can get to other sites with out difficulty, don't call your ISP as it's not their issue.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
10,043 Posts
Jeff, a few people have reported this type of problem including one of the moderators. I'm sure other members are experiencing it as well, but simply don't have a way to access the site to report it.

The short answer is, we're not entirely sure what the problem is. The folks at VS are the only ones with access to the internal workings of the site, and they are trying to track down the cause of the problem. The reason they asked for the time, etc is so they can go into the site log and find that particular time and see what was happening right then.

I know it's frustrating, but please bear with us as they get this stuff sorted out.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a thought, did you clear your history/cookies?
Yes, in fact many times! I use Google Chrome and Internet 11. both to no avail.. Thanks Keith. I have them both set to delete all history and cookies when I shut down.. Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first thing I do when something unexplained like this happens on a particular site, is to delete the browsers cache. Each browser can be different but this site has most of them listed with instructions: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

If you can get to other sites with out difficulty, don't call your ISP as it's not their issue.

Hope that helps.
Yep, already did that to no avail.. Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jeff, a few people have reported this type of problem including one of the moderators. I'm sure other members are experiencing it as well, but simply don't have a way to access the site to report it.

The short answer is, we're not entirely sure what the problem is. The folks at VS are the only ones with access to the internal workings of the site, and they are trying to track down the cause of the problem. The reason they asked for the time, etc is so they can go into the site log and find that particular time and see what was happening right then.

I know it's frustrating, but please bear with us as they get this stuff sorted out.
Thanks Blake, I am very patient and I know they (vertical) will figure this out but the thing that gets me is at home no way here at work no problem. Has to have something do with my home computer address... and it happened after I did the Bounce thing.. Unfortunately I will miss the entire weekend until next Tuesday to get back on after today, to me that's a big BUMMER!. I am hooked on GTT.... Yes I said it;;; I am ADDICTED..
Thanks again... Jeff

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Yep, already did that to no avail.. Thanks though.
Not to split hairs, and to be clear deleting cookies and history is not the same as clearing the cache, might want to double check that. What happens when you try a different browser? Are the results the same?

Your not getting the shakes YET are you? If they start, its possible the intervention team may be activated. :laugh:

·
Registered
20,805 Posts
I know this probably will be of no help, but in reading some of these similar posts I read where one member could access GTT by bypassing their router - hooking a cable directly from their modem to their computer. I wonder if a simple fix might be for these folks to reboot their router and or modem?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this probably will be of no help, but in reading some of these similar posts I read where one member could access GTT by bypassing their router - hooking a cable directly from their modem to their computer. I wonder if a simple fix might be for these folks to reboot their router and or modem?
It is worth a shot so I will give that a try. I also called my IT team this morning and asked the same question "if my router could be the issue".. Haven't heard back yet. I hope that's all I need to do! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate any and all help I can get! Jeff :hi:

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to split hairs, and to be clear deleting cookies and history is not the same as clearing the cache, might want to double check that. What happens when you try a different browser? Are the results the same?

Your not getting the shakes YET are you? If they start, its possible the intervention team may be activated. :laugh:
No worries, yes I use Google Chrome and Internet explorer 11, they both do the same thing.. I am going to try the rebooting of my router. I see some have by-passed the router and got on but I read from my recliner so I do need to use the router. I will try that approach through to see if it works. If it does then I will research my router. I just bought this router a month ago too! Should have some interesting reading on what to do in this case.. and up to date. Thanks for the clarification. (as I said I am no computer wiz, but I get by!). I did send your posted link home to my e-mail account so I can do more research on that link. Thanks for that, you guys are very helpful on this site, one of the reasons I joined..

As far as the shakes go,, Glenlivit helps a lot! I can see me calling our governmental wellness program on this one!.. :nunu:

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just spoke to Frank "superglidesport" and sent him the link too plus the router info. Wouldn't that be nice if any of this works... Thanks people for all the help. Jeff

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I wasn't able to sign in for a few days. Was getting a server is to busy, please try again latter message. Site seems to be working fine for me now.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Restart your computer, make certain your updates are current.

·
Registered
20,805 Posts
In another thread one of our moderators had success finally with forcing his router to obtain a new IP address. What he did (as instructed from his ISP) was to hold the reset button on the router in for 1 minute, then power it off for one minute. When it rebooted it automatically obtained a new IP address and he can access all of GTT now.

Worth a try - doesn't cost anything.....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,211 Posts
In another thread one of our moderators had success finally with forcing his router to obtain a new IP address. What he did (as instructed from his ISP) was to hold the reset button on the router in for 1 minute, then power it off for one minute. When it rebooted it automatically obtained a new IP address and he can access all of GTT now.

Worth a try - doesn't cost anything.....
I reset...
Our cable modem first then our router then the computer.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I am not able to access GTT from my two computers server busy try at a later time message keeps showing up. All started with the password problem. I am able to log in from my phone with tapatalk. I am not having any problems with accessing other Web pages. Looking for some help or is there still problems with this forum?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I'm still not able to access through my router. I upgraded the firmware, no luck. I reset it to new, no luck. I've clean, cleared etc. N o luck. Emailed VS over a week ago haven't heard from them.

I don't like to use my phone, it's hard to see.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I'm wondering if it is not a password storage issue. Are you guys using the browser to store your passwords? If so delete the old password and then try to go directly to the site's main URL http://www.greentractortalk.com If you have anything after the ".com" than it is generally scripting info and it may have been from when you originally book marked the site. This could be confusing the server and causing it to time out. If it auto-populates in the address bar than delete the stuff after the ".com".

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I had the same problem after resetting my password. What I found is this, If I connected my computer to the cable modem with an ethernet cable, then it worked. On wifi, it would not. So, I checked my wifi connection speed by using the xfinity speed test here. XFINITY Speed Test
What I found is, my wifi speed was lower than the required speed to allow the vertical system to work. Connected by ethernet cable, speed was great and GTT worked. I am guessing vertical made some changes in their security since the issue which now has uncovered some wifi issues.
Anyway, I contacted my cable provider and they gave me a new cable modem. Set that one up and walla, problem solved. I am guessing the wifi speed has slowly been deteriorating over time and now showed up since vertical made some changes.
Also, my cable provided told me the wifi modems usually start to loss speed after about 2 years. Mine was 3 years old.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts