Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to attach my loader to my 2305 yesterday. I could get the top two quick attach lines on just fine, but the bottom 2 I pushed with everything I had to get them on and they would not snap in. I tried pushing the nipples on both the bottom 2 against metal, but couldn't get them to move. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
61 Posts
suggestion

With the tractor OFF, and you have the two attached can you move your lever to try to equalize the pressure? I can't remember off the top of my head if those two are the one side of the each of the cylinders. If that don't work Safety glasses and other protective clothing, plus a couple of rags. Put them over the end of the fitting and tap a hammer to the end. Better yet get a piece of wood and put that over the ends and tap the wood to release pressure. You can be dealing with some HI pressures so safety is critical here.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Rather than hammer any fittings, just grab two wrenches and loosen the QD nipple a bit to relieve some pressure in the lines, they should reconnect after that. All the safety concerns are very valid, wear heavy gloves and safety glasses!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wrench

Rather than hammer any fittings, just grab two wrenches and loosen the QD nipple a bit to relieve some pressure in the lines, they should reconnect after that. All the safety concerns are very valid, wear heavy gloves and safety glasses!
Yes that will work also. You should release the pressure. The thing you have to do is release the pressure in the lines.:greentractorride:

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts

·
Registered
22,730 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts
I think Big Jim and someone else bought one of these and had troubles with the vendor.
OK. That's too bad.

Whenever I've had this issue I usually just cover the male side poppet with a rag and push it down onto a piece of 2" x 4". This vents the hydraulic pressure and absorbs what little fluid is dispersed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use a big water pump slip joint pliers to compress the nipple. Use a rag to keep the spray contained and clean up.

Make sure you store the loader and bucket so it can't move and cause pressure while sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Happened to me before when I forgot to relief pressure prior to disconnecting lines. I just traced the associated line to the cylinder on the loader and just loosened the fitting with a wrench just enough to bleed a little pressure off the line and it connected right up. Just remember to retighten the fitting before starting the tractor back up! :good2:

·
Premium Member
12,242 Posts
I think Big Jim and someone else bought one of these and had troubles with the vendor.
I bought a set of Waite tools and had no issues at all. I've used them several times and they work perfectly. They even allow you to capture the oil released from the fitting.

IMG_1264.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
I take a rag put over the end of the fitting, press it up against the side of tractor , FEL . or what ever the closest thing I can press the fitting against.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts