1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I just think you are not pulling the starter cord hard and fast enough.

And, I moved this thread to a more appropriate section.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
You put fresh GAS in it?!?!?!?!? There's yer problem right there!

Similar to a diesel those units do not have spark plugs, it'll never start if ya put gas in there......I'm thinkin' it could be a compression issue in the suctionator chamber!! Put a hickeylevel-gauge on the end of the hoseywhatsit and see if the pressure changes when you pull!!! If you don't have a hickeylevel-gauge that will fit that size hose then put the end of the hoseywhatsit on your neck and pull hard about 5 times....if ya get a hickey then you have enough compression in the suctionator chamber .... and we'll have to test further... I am betting the fix will include two or three rolls of duct tape..... we're here to help.

please video the testing and post it here for evaluation. :laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,727 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No doubt he flooded it, best let it sit, go have a few beers and come back later and try again.................Repeat process as needed.........:laugh:
OK, it was flooded for sure because I could smell gas. So I had a few beers and drained the gas out of it. Went to start it again and it popped once or twice but would not run. Carb adjustment perhaps.

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
You did close the choke on it, right?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I used to have that problem with my old '54 Hoover, especially on wet rugs. Got one of them new Sharks off the TV and it's got "electric start"! Pricey, but it starts every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts