Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone,
Im looking to purchase a canopy for my 1025r for those nice hot days that we get here in Nebraska. I was doing some looking online and came across the Femco Tuff Top Canyopy 3020221. It comes in JD green and is only $200. Seems like a really good price and seems really easy to take off an on. Taking off and on quickly is really important to me because I have to have my pops in the lower position to get into garage. Does anyone have one of these and if so, whats your pros and cons?
Also, does anyone have any other recommendations?
Thank you all,
Travis

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I don't have one but a friend of mine has one on a zturn mower and loves it. Since it mounted on his ROPS he hass room where he parks it so he leaves it on the ROPS even when he lowers the Rops to get thru the door. I see they are at Rural King and this week they have 12 percent off everything. Be Safe:good2:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Good Morning everyone,
Im looking to purchase a canopy for my 1025r for those nice hot days that we get here in Nebraska. I was doing some looking online and came across the Femco Tuff Top Canyopy 3020221. It comes in JD green and is only $200. Seems like a really good price and seems really easy to take off an on. Taking off and on quickly is really important to me because I have to have my pops in the lower position to get into garage. Does anyone have one of these and if so, whats your pros and cons?
Also, does anyone have any other recommendations?
Thank you all,
Travis
I see from a picture of the Femco canopy that it mounts above the ROPS. One major factor in my canopy search last year was the ability of the canopy to actually shade my head from the sun. If you look at pictures of a lot of available canopies the model in the operator's seat is in full sun despite the canopy. Since you don't just operate a tractor at high noon, a canopy needs to be both sufficiently large and mounted close enough to your head to shade you. I picked the Rhino Hyde since it was both easily removable and could be mounted below the top of the ROPS.

There are many opinions regarding canopies posted on this site.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
I see from a picture of the Femco canopy that it mounts above the ROPS. One major factor in my canopy search last year was the ability of the canopy to actually shade my head from the sun. If you look at pictures of a lot of available canopies the model in the operator's seat is in full sun despite the canopy. Since you don't just operate a tractor at high noon, a canopy needs to be both sufficiently large and mounted close enough to your head to shade you. I picked the Rhino Hyde since it was both easily removable and could be mounted below the top of the ROPS.

There are many opinions regarding canopies posted on this site.
RetiredDoc--i just installed a femco canopy this winter. i haven't had any chance's yet-to see how it's gonna perform.

1) it trailer's wonderfully going down the road, as i have hauled it 2 times now-since i got it on, and have had it up to 70 mph's on our local interstate, :laugh: and it's still on it.

but ur right about it being on top of the rops. that was a major concern of mine. my salesman said-i quote--if it don't shade u-we will take it back-no problem--we will see-as time goes on:lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have had a Femco for five years. It is very tough. The JD ROPS on the one series is exceptionally high which doesn't allow the canopy to shade as best as it can. If you have to lower your ROPS when you enter your garage it will be a PITA with a canopy attached no matter what canopy you choose.

·
Registered
452 Posts
1) it trailer's wonderfully going down the road, as i have hauled it 2 times now-since i got it on, and have had it up to 70 mph's on our local interstate, and it's still on it.
70 mph in a Chevy!!! Was that downhill?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
70 mph in a Chevy!!! Was that downhill?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

:mockery::mockery: now-now-there OldmanX-u know what they they say about u people who live on top of the mountain-don't u?:dunno: their afraid their vehicle wouldn't make it back up over-:empathy: if they came down off it.:mocking::laugh:

Reactions: OldmanX
1 - 9 of 9 Posts