Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some searching, but my search-box-fu must be weak today, as I didn't find much.

I saw Tim's video with the Rhinohide and Curtis canopy options.

Are there others I should consider?

My ROPS doesn't fit through my shed door in the up position, so the mount for the Rhinohide is appealing as it's simple to remove and if mounted below the hinge, it could potentially remain in place when I pull in the shed.

Either way, I've been scorched on the tractor in the summer and I'd like to not continue with that. What are your suggestions for a good canopy on the 1025? (forward leaning ROPS).

·
Premium Member
6,073 Posts
That’s a tough one not fitting in the shed. I made my own because I didn’t want to have to rely on a rops in the up position to hold it.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have the JD umbrella mounted on my 2025R first gen. Relatively inexpensive, very easy to take down, keeps the sun off of you and available from any of the online JD parts dealers.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I have the RhinoHide. The only down side supposedly is that it cannot be painted, but I don't mind the black. I like that it can easily be removed, but I have not had mine off for 6 years. I suppose I might remove it for trailering since it's just unscrewing two knobs and lifting it off. It does shake a lot and makes noise over bumpy ground, which I have learned to tune out, and I usually wear noise-cancelling headphones anyway. It is easy to install. As I recall, it just requires 2 C-clamps, and drilling two holes in the supports once you decide what angle you want. No drilling into the ROPS wis required. On my older ROPS, mounting below the hinge would not give enough head clearance. Speaking of clearance, the RhinoHide can be mounted anywhere on the ROPS as long as the hardware clears the hinges. That allows it to sit below the ROPS height, and gives improved protection from sun coming in at an angle. With my ROPS the forward edge of the canopy allows water to run off onto my knees when working in the rain.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I had one on my 2305 and loved it. I made a cross brace for the front of the frame and had a light bar on it.
I got it through TractorSunshade.com. They have brackets for the angled rops.

Reactions: driveshaft and Kbar

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Artillian has a canopy thats quick attach and reversible so it can shade a backhoe operator.
It can be removed in seconds 👍

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

Here's mine it is made by A&I Products. I made my own top half of the roll bar. Now it can go in a standard size garage door.

Reactions: Kbar

·
Registered
191 Posts
Drive shaft ,,do you have any more pictures and dimensions of the top half of your ROPS ,,am interested in building one myself,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts