Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a canopy on there x700 series tractor?
Since they do not have a ROPS, I guess you would have to attach some frame for it to the frame of the tractor.
I had one on my z920m mower and it really made a difference on those hot summer days. Of course that mower had a ROPS so it was easy to just attach the canopy to the ROPS.
Just curious if anyone figured a good of way of putting one on x700 series?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes I did.

IMG_20191129_110912227_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
226 Posts
I can get some more pictures, hopefully this weekend.
The frame is overkill, but I was limited to what I could make work with metal from the scrap yard. If I remember correctly it is 6" X 6" angle 1/2" thick. I need 4 more weights to fill it out.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wonderful canopy job!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it strictly to provide shade? While not in the same league as what Ironhorse has on his, JD does offer a soft top canopy for these tractors:

That would definitely work. I currently have this
It came off of my zero turn and was trying to use it on a x758. Since the x758 does not have a ROPS, I would have to come from the frame of the tractor with a couple of braces to attach the top.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have some pictures of the how it is mounted, but my connection is so slow I can't post them right now.

I always liked the looks of the canopies on the 4020's. A 4020 with open canopy is on my list to have if I ever have that much extra cash to burn. I could however put one on my X748, now referred as my X748-20

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here are the pictures of how I mounted it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts