Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Lots of choices

That appears to be a JD model and if so, your dealer should be able to get it for you.

There are lots of after market canopies. Here are a few:

AI Products: Tractor Canopy They don't sell direct but their website links you directly to a dealer based on the zip code you enter.

Cool Cap: Cool Cap Tractor Canopy | Westendorf

Tractor and mower canopies | RhinoHide Canopies LLC

Tractor canopies and mower canopies by SunGuard USA - Home

A web search will turn up those options and more.

Some suggestions-
Pay attention to the size of the canopy of you are looking for sun shelter and or using your tractor in tight spaces. The bigger the better for sun shade but that also means more weight and more to look out for if you are driving under trees or in tight places.

Decide if you need to remove the canopy for trailering or other reasons. If so, check out the mounting and make sure it looks reasonably easy to put on and off. Also make sure the attachment is secure, even if it's removable.

Make sure the attachment will allow you to get on and off the tractor without bumping your head.

If you have ROPS mounted lights, that's an issue with a canopy. You will likely either need to relocate them.

Sound deadening material is a plus, either because of the canopy material or because something is attached to the canopy. It's surprising how much sound can bounce off a metal canopy and back to the operator. We had to glue acoustic tiles to a metal canopy, with mixed results.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
190 Posts
FINALLY - 4044R arrives

There is my 4044 with the JD canopy, I only had it for a few days before leaving, when I get home I plan on taking more pictures.

Depending on your dealer, expect to pay somewhere between $500 and $600
You need 2 parts - the canopy and the canopy mounting kit (I think the mounting kit is model specific)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
FF70B1AE-E8F8-40F2-ABC3-C8E0097319B4.jpeg Found mine on Craigslist, had to do some work to it, but turned out good.....$150.00 + repair and paint

·
Registered
416 Posts
Where is the best place to buy a canopy for a John Deere 3038E? I’d like to buy one like this one in the pic?
That looks like the same one that's on my tractor from TractorSunshade.com. Got it through my Deere dealer 10 years ago after he talked me out of the Deere model which he claimed wasn't as well built. Mine has taken a beating in the woods hitting trees and is still in good shape with no missing fiberglass but is does have a few small cracks in the gel coat from the impacts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
+1. Mine is from tractor sunshade dot com and looks the same.

It has been great.. very durable when you catch a branch etc. I added a cross brace between the front of thier frames and mounted an led bar. It’s great because with the height it lights down in front of the FEL really well.

E3FDF514-74C7-4292-BC17-940676776E4A.jpeg

Reactions: fdmars and Spectre

·
Registered
722 Posts
When I bought my 30 HP Kubota (new), I also had the dealer install a Kubota canopy - think it was 500-ish bucks. It was the next best thing to a cab - kept the sun and drizzle off me. I lent the Kubota to a friend and he crunched a corner and fixed it with a Simpson strong tie and some funky wood screws (he was a residential contractor.) Thanks friend :nunu:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts