Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
10-4! Will do! Hopefully the bagger become available soon.
Jumberg7....was wondering how this worked out (BUC10704). I saw on the Deere site a BUC11053 with a lever-controlled moveable baffle tha may allow adding the bagger chute once the baffle is moved aside with the lever, but not sure it's for the S240.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. I was unable to get this one to work on my S240. I understand now that this part is made specifically for the 42"-Accel deck on zero-turn mowers. The lever assembly interferes with the throttle cable on the S240, though the rest of the assembly appears to fit the deck.

I have found on Reddit where a user claimed to have been able to modify the lever portion of the assembly ( https://www.reddit.com/r/johndeere/comments/mxtehx/_/h0fcxbo ), but I don't recommend. I guess we are left to continue waiting for parts availability.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am confused, how does the mulch lever interfere with the throttle cable? Isnt the throttle cable up in the engine bay?

I just bough a new S240 last week and am looking for a mulch kit with plug, NOT the mulch control kit, anyone know what i should order?

I found this PDF online but it seems to be wrong:

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/qrg/s240-42inch-accel-deep-deck.pdf
There's a more detailed explanation in the Reddit thread I linked above regarding the interference of the lever to the throttle cable. With the deck raised, the lever hits the cable directly below the pedal. The 21816 part number does not work. The GY00115 may be the one we need - the one that's on back order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's a more detailed explanation in the Reddit thread I linked above regarding the interference of the lever to the throttle cable. With the deck raised, the lever hits the cable directly below the pedal. The 21816 part number does not work. The GY00115 may be the one we need - the one that's on back order.
OK, so not throttle but pedal/hydrostatic control

I think the GY00115 is for Edge decks not Accel Deep 42A

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
GY00115 doesn't fit..I tried, sent it back. As far as I can see, there is no "Mulch Plug", only the kit. BUC11053 appears to be for the S240 42"ACCEL deck, but not sure...it may be just for the Zero Turn. Why is this so hard?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I went to this address where JD lists GY00115 for the S240 42X deck. This is the older design, serial numbers up to 880000. Newer S240s are 880001 and higher with the 42A ACCEL deck. The GY0015 DOES NOT fit the 42X deck! Even tho it is implied on the JD site that it does. I know, I tried it...not even close!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Problem: Find/purchase the Correct Rear Bagger Assembly for a S240 Lawn Tractor
When I asked the parts counter guys about the correct system, they said several other customers have been trying to get rear bagging assemblies for the last couple months, but that the assemblies are on back order, with no available lead time from John Deere.
I am still waiting on the bagger system for an X590 that I ordered in early May. Until it arrives I will continue to put hours on the trade unit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The Mulch Plug I bought was BM21816.

It fit but required minor modification to get the studs to align and a bit of persuasion to get it in position but was a good fit when completed.

Even though I purchased the S240 New in May 2021, it was a 2019 model (discounted price) so this may be why the BM21816 Mulch Kit plug fit…

Still have not been able to locate/purchase a correct double Bagger Kit. I keep checking. A bit amazed that this issue has not been addressed.

If I were a competitor, I would make every customer aware that no Bagger Kits are available indefinitely for John Deere Lawn Tractors.

I have been getting by with the mulch kit and generally happy with the lawn tractor over all. It works fine for grass-only and scattered leaves, but it is not fall yet, and it mostly makes a mess of piled leaves which is a significant portion of my yard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Mulch Plug I bought was BM21816.

It fit but required minor modification to get the studs to align and a bit of persuasion to get it in position but was a good fit when completed.

Even though I purchased the S240 New in May 2021, it was a 2019 model (discounted price) so this may be why the BM21816 Mulch Kit plug fit…

Still have not been able to locate/purchase a correct double Bagger Kit. I keep checking. A bit amazed that this issue has not been addressed.

If I were a competitor, I would make every customer aware that no Bagger Kits are available indefinitely for John Deere Lawn Tractors.

I have been getting by with the mulch kit and generally happy with the lawn tractor over all. It works fine for grass-only and scattered leaves, but it is not fall yet, and it mostly makes a mess of piled leaves which is a significant portion of my yard.

Yea that's why, as far as I know the first year for the S240 to come with the 42A or 48A Accel Deep deck from the X-Series was 2021. I have the 42A.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes, also mine is the 42” deck (for P/N BM21816.)

I chose the 42” deck over the 48” or 54” as I have some tighter spaces to fit through.

The 48”A deck may well have issues. Sometimes a bit of (minor) modification can allow mounting. I know mine at first looked like it wouldn’t fit.

That said it may not fit or work at all and it’s hard to return a part once you monkey/modify it, so you are taking your chances if you do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, also mine is the 42” deck (for P/N BM21816.)

I chose the 42” deck over the 48” or 54” as I have some tighter spaces to fit through.

The 48”A deck may well have issues. Sometimes a bit of (minor) modification can allow mounting. I know mine at first looked like it wouldn’t fit.

That said it may not fit or work at all and it’s hard to return a part once you monkey/modify it, so you are taking your chances if you do.
Sorry I corrected my post, I do have the 42" deck as well.

Your 2019 mower has the Edge deck - 42X which is completely different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone ever find a solution or workaround to this? At this point ready to just take a massive loss, sell this thing and go with another brand. Not overly impressed with the overall quality of the mower let alone it's lack of compatibility.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone!
I was doing searches for an aftermarket bagging kit for the S240 and stumbled across this site. I purchased my S240 42" Accel Deep deck mower in March of 2021. Purchased it with and am paying for through financing the mower, the bagger kit and mulch control kit. The mower I received then, but still to this day do not have the bagger kit nor the mulch control kit. This is my first Deere, and my last! The dealer can't get any information. None of this is their fault. I blame Deere Corporate and Production.
At first I understood the issues of not being able to produce the parts because of no raw material. Then the excuse of no people to build the parts, fine, send me the parts, I'll make them. 6 months later is a load of poop! It is getting to be the leaf pick up time, so will need the bagger and mulch control kit. Maybe we need to file a class action lawsuit against Deere to get our parts. The customers that have the 100 series tractors can go to Lowes or HD and buy their bagger systems, but the ones of us that have purchased from dealers, are left out. Seems like Deere does not care about their dealers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem: Find/purchase the Correct Rear Bagger Assembly for a S240 Lawn Tractor

I just purchased and took delivery of a New S240 Lawn Tractor yesterday morning. It has the side discharge chute.

Yesterday afternoon I went to my local John Deere dealer to pick up a few items and to place an order for a double bag collection system.

When I asked the parts counter guys about the correct system, they said several other customers have been trying to get rear bagging assemblies for the last couple months, but that the assemblies are on back order, with no available lead time from John Deere.

An expensive work around ($700 plus) is to buy the bags, cover, tube, etc for $369, then add on the specific mounting guard ($152), deflector ($78.84), flap ($36.94), rod ($47.42), bolts, nuts, rivets ($30), to build a work-around assembly…

Versus $420 for the Correct, Complete Assembly of all those parts (BUC10907) designed for my S240.

Is there any way to get a Correct system View attachment 788605

for my mower?

Please advise.

Thank You
I am in the same situation. Bought the S240 last year and still waiting for baggers this year. I purchased the mulch kit with side discharge door so that eventually I could add a bagger. Just called my local dealer, he won't even add me to the list because it's over 50 deep.

For all those mulchers that ask - "why do you need a bagger" - the main reason is for fall leaves. Here in NH they are a PITA , so taking a few passes with the mower to vacuum them up is just about the only way to stay ahead because the leaves fall for about 4-5 consecutive weeks and raking is no fun. The other reason is some times we go away for a week and come back to really tall grass, it ends up turning the lawn into a mess even if you have mulching.. so the bagger is needed IMO.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts