Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Just bought a used S240 and went to Home depot and got the BUC10284 Twin bagger, easy peasey right? Nope! It doesn't fit. I called JD support, gave them my SN and they gave me the BUC10284 part number. Then after being put on hold to do more research, they tell me it is the BUC10907 number. Why is it some of the S240 have this oddball obsolete deck? My tractor is a 2020 model.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I am in the same situation. Bought the S240 last year and still waiting for baggers this year. I purchased the mulch kit with side discharge door so that eventually I could add a bagger. Just called my local dealer, he won't even add me to the list because it's over 50 deep.

For all those mulchers that ask - "why do you need a bagger" - the main reason is for fall leaves. Here in NH they are a PITA , so taking a few passes with the mower to vacuum them up is just about the only way to stay ahead because the leaves fall for about 4-5 consecutive weeks and raking is no fun. The other reason is some times we go away for a week and come back to really tall grass, it ends up turning the lawn into a mess even if you have mulching.. so the bagger is needed IMO.
Hi! I've been on this thread since I bought a JD S240 42" Deep Accel deck. Your reasoning for the bagger system is exactly the same as mine! We're in Maine, same "PITA" in Fall! We drive over the leaves with a mulch plug, switch to bagger, and hoover them up for the compost and garden. That is, I did so with my trusty old Craftsman! I explained all this to my JD Dealer and was told the S240 would be great. Long story short: You either bag (if you can find a bagger system!) OR mulch. I gave up and sold my new S240...amazingly, it sold for just $200 less than I paid for it, and got a new L120 Lowe's with mulch plug and bagging system. Biggest difference in box store models is the transmission...so need to be careful hauling.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Just bought a used S240 and went to Home depot and got the BUC10284 Twin bagger, easy peasey right? Nope! It doesn't fit. I called JD support, gave them my SN and they gave me the BUC10284 part number. Then after being put on hold to do more research, they tell me it is the BUC10907 number. Why is it some of the S240 have this oddball obsolete deck? My tractor is a 2020 model.
The new S240 (2021) has the 42" Deep Accel deck, vs the olde 42" deck. The redesign won't work with older versions of mulch kits, baggers, or even mulch "plugs". And there is no bagger in sight for the new S240 42" Deep Accell deck!

·
Super Moderator
6,818 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Toonzy

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer had a BUC10907 but that one appears to be for the Accel Deep mower system. I came to realize my problem was operator error and the BUC10284 ended up working for my S240 with The Edge 42" cutting system. The metal discharge plate wasn't coming up enough leading me to think it wouldn't fit but applying some extra force to lift the plate did the trick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was finally able to order a BUC10907 for my S240 with the 42 inch deep accel deck. Received it a couple days ago and installed it. Kind of a complicated set up. They made it much more difficult to install than needed.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts