Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I use Internet Explorer for pretty much everything. It's what I started with on my first computer and I'm used to it. Also I'm not tech savy. On this computer I have Google or google chrome whatever it's called, the red, yellow, green circle thing. I had google's toolbar once and it screwed my computer up so I disabled it.
Here is my problem. I watch You Tube using IE, till about a week ago. Now it telling me I have to have a flash player to watch now. I had a flash player but just to see what was going on I went ahead and up dated it to the latest version. Still can't watch You Tube and it still tells me I have to have a flash player. I checked everything I could think of and I do have it and it is in working order. If someone on here puts a video in a post I can watch it, no problem. But if I try to watch another video after watching the one that's posted it goes back to telling me I have to have a flash player.
Here is where I don't like what is going on. I can click on the google thing and put in You Tube and it goes to it and I can watch You Tube all I want. I'm not a google fan and prefer not to use it. Does anyone know what is going on? I don't have a clue at this point.
I've been told IE isn't the way to go but I'm used to it and I don't want to re-learn how to do things when what I have worked.
I have Windows 7 and intel Core i5, if that means anything. And no I don't want to get Windows 10. I also use McAfee. Did google make it so I have to use it to watch You Tube now? And if so, can I do something to bypass them? :dunno: I think this problem started when the Windows 10 update quit being free. Is that my problem?

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
I have Win7 and IE 11 and I have no problems with any YouTube video. One suggestion... try a Google search of the exact message you are getting and see if any of the posted solutions help with your problem.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Levi, YouTube began moving away from needing Flash for videos last year. The new format uses the video streaming capabilities built in to HTML5 (the latest standard for displaying web pages).

I'm not sure what version of Internet Explorer you are running, but here is the instructions for resetting IE 11 from the Microsoft Web Site:
You can reset Internet Explorer settings to what they were when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that may be caused by settings changed after installation. Note that resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Close all Internet Explorer windows. Select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK. Restart your PC to apply changes.​

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
How about starting with understanding what version of IE you have. With IE running, click on the Help menu then choose About Internet Explorer. Let us know what it shows for a version.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How about starting with understanding what version of IE you have. With IE running, click on the Help menu then choose About Internet Explorer. Let us know what it shows for a version.
This is what it did: It popped up a small box window. In it, it says:
Internet Explorer 11
version: 11.0.9600.184261C
Update Version: 11.0.34(KB3175443)
Product ID: 0015-20000-00003-AA459
on this line it has a square that is checked and the says: Install new versions automatically
©2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
another small box with CLOSED inside. This only closes the whole window.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts