Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16' Car Trailer that I have used to haul my 78 FJ40 Land Cruiser around the country and it weighs 3880 and the trailer has no problem with the weight. Would it work for my JD3033R with Cab, FEL and 6' grader blade if I needed to trailer it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
3033R with cab weighs in at 3570 according to TractorData.com John Deere 3033R tractor dimensions information
Add the FEL and a grader and I would bet you are pushing 4,500 lbs not counting the trailer. You are probably at the max for that trailer depending on the axles. Most likely they are 3,500 axles, so I would say you wouldn't want to try it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
3033R with cab weighs in at 3570 according to TractorData.com John Deere 3033R tractor dimensions information
Add the FEL and a grader and I would bet you are pushing 4,500 lbs not counting the trailer. You are probably at the max for that trailer depending on the axles. Most likely they are 3,500 axles, so I would say you wouldn't want to try it.
What he said^^^ I would find out what the capacity of the trailer is before I considered hauling my tractor on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stated capacity of my 18' Gator Made car hauler is 5130 pounds. Check the capacity of yours by the sticker.
I will try to remember to go out and check to see what the capacity of my trailer. I do know that the rims have a 6 bolt pattern so that is a good sign that the bearings are heavy enough,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went out and checked my trailer and I was wrong it has 5 lug hubs but 3500 lb axles so I should be fine if I need to trailer my tractor.

·
Registered
225 Posts
With 2 3500 pound axles you should be fine. Are there heavy tie downs where you need them?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I went out and checked my trailer and I was wrong it has 5 lug hubs but 3500 lb axles so I should be fine if I need to trailer my tractor.
If it were me, I would get some wood blocks to stick under the tail to support the rear and keep the truck tires on the ground when loading and unloading.. Just make sure its at least 3-4" lower than the trailer so you can pull them out after your loaded..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it has heavy tie down points I would not tow anything on it if it didn't. I pulled the transmission and transfer case and drive shafts out of my Land Cruiser and it has to be very secure or it would roll right off. I have to use a chain fall and coma long to load and unload my Land Cruiser and really frustrates the Wife when we work on it together.

The tail of the trailer is pretty low and would drag going in and out of the driveway at the house we had in PA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts