Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My briggs and stratton powered js63 mower has a pretty gummed up carb. in my younger days, I would have rebuilt it without a second thought. but tasks that require good vision, a steady hand, and patience are becomming more difficult. so, i window shopping the internet for a replacement carb, and found dozens to choose from.

What’s the group wisdom and advice - take a chamce on a $20 unit from ebay or amazon, or head to the local john deere and cough up whatever premium price they are charging?

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
I can only offer that the carb on my D160 was acting up 3 years ago. I replaced it with a $29 China made cheapo unit off of Amazon. The machine has worked fine since.

Reactions: KeyboardJungle

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I’ve used several of them. I only had one issue with one that leaked. Amazon sent a new one in two days and I returned the old one. Definitely worth the gamble, especially with Amazon return policy.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I can only offer that the carb on my D160 was acting up 3 years ago. I replaced it with a $29 China made cheapo unit off of Amazon. The machine has worked fine since.
I had the same experience replacing the carburetor on my ONAN 5500W. generator in my Motor Home. Nearly $300 from ONAN for a carburetor I ordered one from the internet for just over $40 shipping included. It was a direct replacement. Bolted it on, hit the switch and the generator started and ran better than it ever did before and still does.
I do drain the float bowl and remove it to clean any seeable internal jets and parts before I store the coach each fall for the winter months.
I had disassembled and cleaned the original carburetor in my Ultrasonic cleaner twice, found nothing wrong and finally gave up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts