Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new King Kutter carry all two days ago. I got a pretty fair deal on it, $112.50 after a price match coupon and additional 10% off from Mill's Fleet Farm. I just found out that they have Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayers on clearance for $280.40 on their web site. Seems like a good deal, I'm heading over to pick one up now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Good deal on the sprayer. I paid a bit over $300 a few weeks ago at TSC after using their 10 percent off coupon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After watching some videos I decided to go with the 7 nozzle 25 gallon ATV version. I'll build a frame to use it with the carry all. The 40 leaves to much in the bottom and I only treat maybe 35,000 square feet. Funny thing, the 25 gallon was $8.00 more than the 40 gallon. Even though I really like the idea of the 3 point model it just seems to big for my needs.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
After watching some videos I decided to go with the 7 nozzle 25 gallon ATV version. I'll build a frame to use it with the carry all. The 40 leaves to much in the bottom and I only treat maybe 35,000 square feet. Funny thing, the 25 gallon was $8.00 more than the 40 gallon. Even though I really like the idea of the 3 point model it just seems to big for my needs.

25 gallons is a lot. I have the JD 25 gallon 3-nozzle sprayer mounted to the back of my X500 garden tractor using the Car-Go mounts. It covers a lot of ground.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The 40 leaves to much in the bottom
Hummmm....I have the Fimco 40 gallon 3-pt sprayer and when the pump stops pumping, I might have a pint left over, if that. I bet the pickup tube was not all the way down at the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hummmm....I have the Fimco 40 gallon 3-pt sprayer and when the pump stops pumping, I might have a pint left over, if that. I bet the pickup tube was not all the way down at the bottom of the tank.
That is good to know, maybe that was the case in video that I watched. I certainly don't want to push anyone from the 40, I just decided that the 25 is a more appropriate size for my needs. I plan on building a skid to mount it to and use with the carry all. The 25 uses the same pump as the 40 and has a slightly wider disbursement compared to the 40. I think it is due to having 7 nozzles vs 4 on the 40. I also picked up the cigarette lighter power adapter. I could wire something but this seemed simpler.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
45 gallon JD sprayer

:bigthumb:

I looked at every sprayer I could find - thanks to everyone on GTT! In the end, for my place, the JD 45 is fine. I modified it a bit to work with my iMatch quick hitch. jD should have done that!

I don't have to fill it, but when I do, it sure saves me a lot of time. It empties just fine when I use the Fit-Rite Hydraulics tilt to rinse. As a licensed aerial applicator (crop duster), I learned to rinse 3 times and it's ready for the next load of whatever I need to apply.:munch::cheers:

·
Registered
387 Posts

Bxpanded sells a 25 gallon with three point hitch hookup. I am going to get one her soon and can let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did that this spring and it works great. I put casters on it as well so when it's off I can just move it out of the way easily.
Any pictures you would care to share? I'm not above borrowing good ideas! :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: ky_shawn

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I don't recall what I paid exactly (I'm sure it's in another string in the GTT forums), but this is my spray rig. 25 gallon County Line sprayer from TSC and heavy duty cargo rack from Cargo Pro.

Sincerely

Attachments

Reactions: ky_shawn and pcabe5

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't recall what I paid exactly (I'm sure it's in another string in the GTT forums), but this is my spray rig. 25 gallon FimCo sprayer from TSC and heavy duty cargo rack from Cargo Pro.

Sincerely
I've thought about that as well. I kind of like the interchangeable "skid" idea for my carry all. Although after some thought I may try to lower the pins and top link on the carry all to get a bit more lift height. I'll need to do it mechanically as I do not weld. I saw a thread somewhere where someone else did something similar, I'll have to see if I can find it again.

The receiver carrier wouldn't have that problem.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used to store my Fimco 40 gallon 3pt sprayer on a furniture dolly, but it seems like I was always moving the sprayer and it would fall off the dolly. Then one day after knocking the sprayer off the dolly it finally dawned on me...get rid of the dolly and bolt casters directly on the bottom of the sprayer! Wish I had though of this months ago...I can wheel the sprayer right up to the iMatch and hook it up without lifting, and the 3" wheels are small enough to stay out of the way.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts