Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made their own carryalls for their 1025r? If so, where did you get your 3pt hitch that is compatible with the I-match quick hitch and if you don't mind sharing a picture of your setup. I feel that I really need one of these and want to make one over the winter. Thank you to everyone in advance for your help and inspiration.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Has anyone made their own carryalls for their 1025r? If so, where did you get your 3pt hitch that is compatible with the I-match quick hitch and if you don't mind sharing a picture of your setup. I feel that I really need one of these and want to make one over the winter. Thank you to everyone in advance for your help and inspiration.

If you're plan is to start with some sort of 3pt device and build a carry all onto that, you might just as well buy a Carry All. I only paid $129 for mine from Tractor Supply. Maybe start with their base unit and add what you want to it?

But you could build everything yourself and just pop some holes in it's frame to mount the pins. That's really all Tarter/County Line do with their's.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Not sure of your question but are you asking about the 3pt/iMatch on the implement side? If so you can make that when you make the carry all.

Here is the dimensions and it doesn't have to be a triangle. My carry all is square with the pins at these dimensions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm planning on purchasing the frame for the carryall. I'm not a welder, so I need at least the metal 3pt frame that will hook up to my I-match hitch. Now as far as mounting boards and everything else to the frame I can handle that. So will the carryall frame from tractor supply or QC supply work for the I-match?
Also, I'm curious to see pictures from those that have a carryall to just see how they have designed and configured theirs for some inspiration and ideas.
Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
So will the carryall frame from tractor supply or QC supply work for the I-match?
The Tractor Supply Carry All slips right into my iMatch hitch with no problems at all. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Others have recommended the Tractor Supply Co frame... I lean towards the one from King Kutter..

The lift pins on the KK are further away from the frame than they are on the TSC... The tsc frame works OK, but I've seen pics where the wood had to be notched or a 2x? had to be used against the frame before the decking was put on. With the KK frame, the pins are further away, therefore a much cleaner design.

The top pin is away from the frame on the KK Vs. the TSC...

DSCF7189.JPG

DSCF7190.JPG

DSCF7191.JPG

Example of a 2x? under the decking on a TSC carryall

ca1.JPG

Example of a notched decking.. see the holes in the decking to make room for the lift arms and top hook.....

ca2.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I prefer the KK to the TSC.... just my opinion.

Sorry, last 2 pics lifted from google image search, not mine.... the first 3 are mine..

·
Registered
523 Posts
The last picture ErikR posted is mine. As you can see, I did not space my plywood out like the one shown in the picture above mine. I ended up having to slot the plywood to get the hooks the come thru. The TSC carryall is tighter to the uprights than the KK and stated before. Recommend the spacer vs slots. I don't have any level ground so attaching anything, even with the quick hitch, is a challenge. I've boogered up the plywood banging around trying to get hitched.

The plywood has worked well for me. The 2x materials look a lot better tho.

I added the cat 1-2 and cat 2-3 bushings from TSC for the lower hooks. The Harbor Freight top hook is a tad narrow to accept the cat 3 bushing. Not a big deal.

I've slotted the angle I added at the back and installed 4 42# weights as ballast. Keeps the overall weight down when traveling on the yard, but is more than enough ballast for any load. I have to remove the carryall first (or the weights) because if I remove the FEL, the front tires will come off the ground if I stop while in reverse.

Once you have the platform in place, it's an open pallet. The yellow cross holds my trimmer. There's a chainsaw slot on the other side. Couple of PVC pipe for tools. Eyebolts to strap things in. Also worked out nice to carry Momma around with me before we got the UTV's.

Good luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great advice. Thank you so much for that. You just helped me make my decision. KK it is.

Others have recommended the Tractor Supply Co frame... I lean towards the one from King Kutter..

The lift pins on the KK are further away from the frame than they are on the TSC... The tsc frame works OK, but I've seen pics where the wood had to be notched or a 2x? had to be used against the frame before the decking was put on. With the KK frame, the pins are further away, therefore a much cleaner design.

The top pin is away from the frame on the KK Vs. the TSC...

View attachment 466746

View attachment 466754

View attachment 466762

Example of a 2x? under the decking on a TSC carryall

View attachment 466770

Example of a notched decking.. see the holes in the decking to make room for the lift arms and top hook.....

View attachment 466778

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I prefer the KK to the TSC.... just my opinion.

Sorry, last 2 pics lifted from google image search, not mine.... the first 3 are mine..

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got a good deal on this TSC, otherwise, it would have been the KK. Here’s how my rig ended up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It doesn’t look like it, but it holds a lot of wood.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ssoramac;

The storage ideas you incorporated into your carryall box are great!! The space between the unit and the quick hitch is great for storing chains and other accessories as you've shown in the photos. I especially like the storage box between the uprights of the quick hitch; a great use of normally unused space!!

Some of your hardware for accessories is something I've not seen before. What is your source?

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts