Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on the website that they pictures of the forks have pull pins.

But I see some of the forks in peoples pictures have flip levers.

Does Artillian only sell Cascade forks, and do both styles show up depending on what is in stock at that time?

·
Premium Member
12,244 Posts
**I assume the new Artillian company still sells both Cascade and Artillian brand forks ***

The Cascade forks have pull-pins and the Artillian brand forks have the levers. I would guess that most folks go for the Artillian brand forks. They are lighter in weight and less expensive. The 3" wide Artillian forks also slide back and forth smoother than the 4" Cascade.

I originally bought the 4" x 42" Cascade fork tines. The build quality on the Cascade forks is first class. They worked great and were built like a tank but I personally found them too heavy to take on and off the frame with ease. I kept them for a couple years and eventually sold them and bought the 3" x 42" Artillian brand forks. They are much easier to work with.

If you are using the forks on a 1-series or 2-series tractor the 3" Artillian forks will serve you well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so if they are 3" they are Artillian forks by default sounds like. They are custom made for him or made in house or?

·
Premium Member
12,244 Posts
Thanks so if they are 3" they are Artillian forks by default sounds like. They are custom made for him or made in house or?
It's possible things have changed recently so I do not want to speak for Artillian. The information I gave was from when I bought my fork tines and frame. It used to be that the 3" Artillian forks were outsourced.

However, looking at the Artillian website things are a bit more confusing. They now mention "new" 3" Cascade forks yet the images look like the previous Artillian branded forks. All the images of 3" forks have the locking lever and all images of the 4" forks have the pull pins.

Having owned both the 4" Cascade and 3" Artillian, I wouldn't get too hung up though on the brand or locking pin style. Both fork styles are of very high quality and both locking styles work identical. The 4" Cascade have a 200 lb greater lifting capacity and they weigh about 16 lbs more each. However, even the 3" tines have a capacity of 2300 lbs which is twice what my 2-series tractor can lift so there are no worries. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason I ask is I'm looking at buying a used Artillian 2000lb setup with 3x42" forks with the flip lock levers. Just trying to insure they are good forks. Seller says he thinks he bought them about a year ago.

·
Premium Member
12,244 Posts
Those are exactly what I have on my 2720. You can buy those with confidence that they will do the job.

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Reason I ask is I'm looking at buying a used Artillian 2000lb setup with 3x42" forks with the flip lock levers. Just trying to insure they are good forks. Seller says he thinks he bought them about a year ago.
There are hundreds, maybe in the thousands, of them out there. Zero failures. Good to go! :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,699 Posts
That's a commercial design man. You won't find a failure with those forks on your tractor, guaranteed. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I went with the 3" tines for my 1 Series(1025r) Kinda pointless to get the 4" tines since my 1025r can only lift 1000-1200 lbs at best, all you get with the 4" is more weight

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Well I went with the 3" tines for my 1 Series(1025r) Kinda pointless to get the 4" tines since my 1025r can only lift 1000-1200 lbs at best, all you get with the 4" is more weight
Wise choice! The 4" wide forks are really intended for use on the 3 and 4 series tractors. The 3" wide tines are perfect for the 1 and 2 series.

:thumbup1gif:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts