Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of peanut brittle? Try this. Sharn Jean made some a couple days ago and it is awesome!

Cashew Brittle

Ingredients

½ cup white Karo Syrup

1 Cup Sugar

1 and ½ cups of Cashews (preferably salted, if not you may want to add a dash of salt)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon butter

1 teaspoon baking soda

Combine syrup, sugar, salt and butter; pour into electric skillet and cook (at about 350 degrees) until it just begins to turn color. Add Cashews and continue until the mixture turns a light caramel color.

Turn off the heat; stir in the baking soda and vanilla until the mixture is light and foamy. Pour onto a greased or buttered cookie sheet and spread with spatula. Chill or let cool and then break into pieces. Store in an air tight container.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I love Peanut Brittle, and Pecan Brittle, and can be a downright pig on cashews! Thanks for posting this, 2Lane!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
I will NEVER tire of any kind of Brittle.

My mother uses...

91tVs3OtxwL._SX522_.jpg

Thanks 2LaneCruzer, We may try our hand at making it this year.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love Peanut Brittle, and Pecan Brittle, and can be a downright pig on cashews! Thanks for posting this, 2Lane!

My pleasure. This stuff is really good; Sharn Jean says one thing is that it has vanilla added, which I don't think the peanut brittle does. What with all of this Cashew Brittle and Cajun crackers, I'm certainly getting caught up on my carbs!

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I made my first Brittle, ever.

View attachment 93689 _ View attachment 93697

The pieces came out a little big but what the heck.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

You're supposed to spread it out thin and break it up. So, what's the verdict? Was it good? I hope so, my daughter used to make it every year, starting when she was about 10 years old. Love the pictures, BTW!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
2LaneCruzer, It's just like my mom made. :good2: Love the stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts