Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently installed Reugg 3pt on my 332. All functions well but something tells me I should be able to apply down force, or am I mistaken? If so what was it that I installed incorrectly?
thanks for any input

·
Administrator
18,497 Posts
I don't know specifically on the 332/Reugg, but MOST 3PH's do NOT have down pressure.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dmax, Kenny's correct, "MOST 3PH's do NOT have down pressure." If you have an implement on the rear and you're on 110% dead flat ground, down pressure would be OK...but I've never seen 110% dead flat ground! There's really no such thing as down pressure as JD valving is open center AND down pressure would lift back wheel off of the ground!

Typically, and implement is lowered against a stop set to the desired depth/height for the implement. The hyd control lever can now be held in the lower/down position so the implement has room to "float" up or down. This takes getting used to as you may have to hold the lever for 1 second or 15 seconds. As tractor is dropping into a low area, the front drops, the rear raises, and the implement "floats" to the end of the downward travel. Otherwise, if no float, the implement would raise, changing depth/height. As the tractor goes up a hill/bump, the front raises, the rear lowers, and the implement "floats" to the other end (upward) of its travel! Otherwise, if not float, the implement will dig in or lift the rear wheels off of the ground!

Now that I've given you a whole bunch of info, I hope you understand at least some! I like to know what/how/why things work as they...and also pass on information to those that may not! Bob

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
431 Posts
Down pressure is supplied by that heartless b!+c#, Gravity.

Reactions: Herminator and BWV

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, thanks for info and all makes sense. I never had a machine before with a 3pt and was just curious if I was missing something....perhaps I’m missing some screws?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Haha, thanks for info and all makes sense. I never had a machine before with a 3pt and was just curious if I was missing something....perhaps I’m missing some screws?
Can't tell about the screws but you aren't missing down pressure. There is one way that I know of to get down pressure on something like a PTO powered auger and that's to add a remote cylinder that works off the top link attachment.

Most ground engaging implements need gravity to work and the more weight the better. That's for things like box blades, rear blades etc. I've been known to put a couple of hundred pounds of tractor weights on my box blade if the ground is hard.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
878 Posts
CDmax, If you didn't ask, I'd say you were missing some screws! Here is where you learn about what you don't know...by asking. Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts