Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to hubby about getting a dethatcher. See that CMP has both cat 0 & cat 1 ones. Have the 1025r, but also have a Sears DGS6500 with the electric hitch salvaged from our long-gone Sears SS/16. Think that was some flavor of cat 0. IF the 6500 can use a cat 0, can I just use bushings or some other adapter to be able to use the dethatcher on the 1025r too? If so, guess I'll trek over to MTF and ask about compatibility of the old 3ph & cat 0. I used to visit there from time to time since there were some Sears Suburban fans there. Didn't see much SS activity the last time I looked though. Can't imagine why - it's only been 40 years since they were being sold new. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
There is more to 3-point categories than just pin size. A Cat 0 3ph measures 20" between the lift arms (i.e. the drawbar length). A Cat 1 3ph measures 26" at the same point.

If you get a Cat 0 dethatcher the draw bar will be 6" short for your 1025R so it will never reach both attaching points for the bushings to matter.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is more to 3-point categories than just pin size. A Cat 0 3ph measures 20" between the lift arms (i.e. the drawbar length). A Cat 1 3ph measures 26" at the same point.

If you get a Cat 0 dethatcher the draw bar will be 6" short for your 1025R so it will never reach both attaching points for the bushings to matter.
That's why I added adapter as a possibility. :laugh: Still don't know if it's possible/practical though. Have several old implements too, so not entirely for the dethatcher.

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
That's why I added adapter as a possibility. :laugh: Still don't know if it's possible/practical though. Have several old implements too, so not entirely for the dethatcher.
I had a back blade that was Cat 0 spacing with Cat 1 pins, you can make it work, the sway turnbuckles will loosen up enough to reach. Obviously a quick hitch is out of the question though. It should work with sleeving the pins up to Cat 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts