Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am replacing a very old Satoh Beaver... has been great subcompact tractor... reallly a miniature farm tractor (and, I grew up on a farm!)... thinking the 1026R might work. One issue is: Have several pieces of Category 0, 3-Point equipment. Will the "Limited" Category 1 arms on the 1026R work with, e.g, my "Brinly" 48"-disk, and a "LandPride" Category 0/1 blade?

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Welcome to GreenTractorTalk:good2:

Nobody has really seen the new tractors yet, but the only thing "limited" on the 3HP is the lift height-in all other aspects are the same as a regular CAT1 3PH. CAT0 stuff is usually more narrow, and has smaller pins. I am not sure you can get the arms in far enough to hook up or if the sway chains will reach. Bushings or news pins are available cheap though for that problem. An adapter could be made also that would fit in the iMatch QH easliy enough also.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome to GTT Gary,

I, like Kenny, can not speak for the 1026 machine. However, I do have the 2305 and from what I have heard so far there is no diference in the 3pt hitches between the two tractors. I think that I may have heard that it might have position control but I am not sure. As far as the other specifications my 2305 can accommodate the cat 0 and cat 1 mounting with out any issues. I have a spreader that is a cat 0 and it mounts just fine. Not sure this answer will make you all warm and fuzzy, but it is the best I can do. Again WELCOME.

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adapter: iMatch QH

Welcome to GreenTractorTalk:good2:

Nobody has really seen the new tractors yet, but the only thing "limited" on the 3HP is the lift height-in all other aspects are the same as a regular CAT1 3PH. CAT0 stuff is usually more narrow, and has smaller pins. I am not sure you can get the arms in far enough to hook up or if the sway chains will reach. Bushings or news pins are available cheap though for that problem. An adapter could be made also that would fit in the iMatch QH easliy enough also.
Appreciate your ideas here... and, yes, pins and bushings will help. In fact, my LandPride Category 0/1 has both sets of pins. Wondering now if the arms swing far enough in (and sway chains long enough) on the older 2305 and 2210? That might be an indicator.

Also, you mention an adapter... not sure I follow... am not familiar with "iMatch QH" term. Are you thinking of somehow making the Category 0 hook-up wider? (these generally measure around 20" or so in width, where the arms connect.. and 24" or so pin-end to pin-end).

Again, thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
Also, you mention an adapter... not sure I follow... am not familiar with "iMatch QH" term. Are you thinking of somehow making the Category 0 hook-up wider? (these generally measure around 20" or so in width, where the arms connect.. and 24" or so pin-end to pin-end).

Again, thanks for your help!
The iMatch is a option for the 3PH that allows faster and easier implement hookup. It can be viewed in THIS thread mounted to his 3PH, QH just means Quick Hitch. Sorry to throw out acronyms and confuse you.

But, yeah I was thinking of some type of adapter to allow the CAT0 stuff to hook to the iMatch.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On Category 0 ...

Welcome to DT Gary,

I, like Kenny, can not speak for the 1026 machine. However, I do have the 2305 and from what I have heard so far there is no diference in the 3pt hitches between the two tractors. I think that I may have heard that it might have position control but I am not sure. As far as the other specifications my 2305 can accommodate the cat 0 and cat 1 mounting with out any issues. I have a spreader that is a cat 0 and it mounts just fine. Not sure this answer will make you all warm and fuzzy, but it is the best I can do. Again WELCOME.
Good: Won't have to replace all the implements, which will calm the wife! Have decided to order the 1026R (doing it tomorrow). Looking forward to bringing it into my "fleet" of two Grasshopper lawnmowers, the Satoh Beaver (yes, will keep it... great little tractor... as long as can find parts), the old Polaris 4-wheeler (my garden machine), the "baby" Bobcat, etc... Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The iMatch is a option for the 3PH that allows faster and easier implement hookup. It can be viewed in THIS thread mounted to his 3PH, QH just means Quick Hitch. Sorry to throw out acronyms and confuse you.

But, yeah I was thinking of some type of adapter to allow the CAT0 stuff to hook to the iMatch.
Ok, yes, now I understand. Am also buying the Frontier 48" rotary mower... went to their website... saw the iMatch hitch being used on it... which has me intrigued, as to how one might make it work on my LandPride blade...

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Ok, yes, now I understand. Am also buying the Frontier 48" rotary mower... went to their website... saw the iMatch hitch being used on it... which has me intrigued, as to how one might make it work on my LandPride blade...
Gary, your Landpride blade should be good to go. Landpride has their own quick hitch that has the same dimensions as the imatch (at least the cat 1). I have Landpride quick hitches and if your blade is already compatible for the quick hitch you are set.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LandPride Good to Go

Gary, your Landpride blade should be good to go. Landpride has their own quick hitch that has the same dimensions as the imatch (at least the cat 1). I have Landpride quick hitches and if your blade is already compatible for the quick hitch you are set.:thumbup1gif:
Randy, thanks. Will have to check with LandPride (or, build my own version of it), as to whether there is a way to make the JD iMatch hitch work with my particular blade... as it measures 20" in the width at the hook-up, but came with Cat1 pins.. (sold as a Cat0/Cat1 blade), which I replaced with Cat0 pins...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts