Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery for my X300. The original says CCA 340. The only one I can find in town is CCA 280. Will it work?

If it makes any difference, I live in Hawaii so the temperature is never under 50º F

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
I need a new battery for my X300. The original says CCA 340. The only one I can find in town is CCA 280. Will it work?

If it makes any difference, I live in Hawaii so the temperature is never under 50º F
The 280 CCA battery will probably work but I would try to get the correct battery if possible. The JD Parts detail is shown below. As you can see, the 342 CCA is for at 0F. The warmer (32F) CCA is actually 408. So you might want to check what temperature that 280 is for.

If you get a JD battery ask for the wet-charged p/n shown below. It is $20 less than the dry-charge p/n.

Part Number:
TY25221A
Part Price:69.97 USD
Core Value:(9.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return:60.97 USD
On Hand:
5 (Supplier Direct - Contact your dealer for availability) Check Other Stores
Description:Wet Charged Battery - BATTERY,WET,12V,BCI U1,CCA 342

Specification
Weight:17.31 LBS 7.85 Kg
Voltage12.000
Standard GroupU1
Cold Cranking Amps at 0° F (-17.8 °C)342.000
Cold Cranking Amps at 32° F (0° C)408.000
Reserve Capacity (Minutes) 25A at 80 °F (26.7 °C)38.000
Overall Length7.720 IN
Overall Width5.190 IN
Overall Height6.270 IN
Terminal Type_X
Wet / DryWET
ChemistryMAINT_FREE
ElementsANCHORED

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks "J"

Since you were with me on the other topic, you probably read that I apparently don't need a new battery yet.

But for general knowledge - the lower CCA battery runs almost $60 here in Hawaii. It' wouldn't surprise me if the JD battery might be close to $100. So, when the time comes, I would like to be able to use the cheaper battery - maybe even available at the Walmart here. Could I ruin anything by trying to save a little money on my battery?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Kona, The lower cranking amp rating will not hurt anything. BUT, as "J" pointed out, for $1 more (and your old battery) you get 60+ amps more starting power. Order the JD battery "J" spec'd out. Bob

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
Thanks "J"

Since you were with me on the other topic, you probably read that I apparently don't need a new battery yet.

But for general knowledge - the lower CCA battery runs almost $60 here in Hawaii. It' wouldn't surprise me if the JD battery might be close to $100. So, when the time comes, I would like to be able to use the cheaper battery - maybe even available at the Walmart here. Could I ruin anything by trying to save a little money on my battery?
Not at all. Since you do not have cold temperatures the worse that would likely happen is the battery would run down quicker if you had to crank the engine for a long time.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Have a tractor supply around?

They have some great choices in my area, and the highest CCA I’ve found for l/g batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts