1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the exact same ceramic set, just painted different before it was fired. A favorite Aunt of mine who was into ceramics made it at least 50 years ago. I treasure it because she is no longer with us.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the exact same set I made when I was in tech school back in the USAF in 1975. Never got to fire the last five pieces. Are those fired or just painted?
Glaze fired.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
I understand why you want to sell it. A person has to think to play that game. I can play it, just never any good at it and can't ever remember ever winning a game of it. Playing at least 10 moves ahead makes my head hurt. :banghead: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Curious as to what the board weighs that you consider it “too heavy to ship”? USPS Priority will ship up to 70lbs, most times for flat rate-just be up front with the cost to the buyer and agree & pay. I’ve maxed out those flat rate boxes with “heavy metals”, line them with other sheets of cardboard, double or triple up the boxes and use packing tape as structural support and you should have no issues with shipping.:bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious as to what the board weighs that you consider it “too heavy to ship”? USPS Priority will ship up to 70lbs, most times for flat rate-just be up front with the cost to the buyer and agree & pay. I’ve maxed out those flat rate boxes with “heavy metals”, line them with other sheets of cardboard, double or triple up the boxes and use packing tape as structural support and you should have no issues with shipping.:bigthumb:
I threw the board away already. It was made out of 3/4" particle board and ceramic tile. It was heavy, warped and in really bad shape.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I threw the board away already. It was made out of 3/4" particle board and ceramic tile. It was heavy, warped and in really bad shape.
So not “worth” shipping then, gotcha :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts