Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prep work was most of the day, Application is actually easy, started with stuff like the the mower inside and out. Loader and bucket, the roof and worked down. I even did the black metal work on the Mauser cab.

It came out great, now we will have to how it holds up. I will really hate to scoop gravel with the bucket it looks awesome.

#CoatedByTheKing Avalon Armor Shield IX

·
Premium Member
6,793 Posts
Dang that is shiny. Looks great.

Reactions: Sharpie and rtgt

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
Bucket?

Reactions: Big

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started to do just the top and back of the bucket, but was easy to put on so I did the inside to. It was just for fun. Had it outside today and got a great hood reflection shot.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to do an update. Just completed fall leaf mulching. There was leaf grit every where on the tractor. Then it was sprinkling the other night when I took the garbage can up to the road, This pooled the leaf grit in spots and it all dried on.

I had the preassure washer out to clean some brick work off last night so popped the fan wash tip on and rinsed the tractor off. And I mean rinsed i don’t think I got the wand closer than 2 1/2 to 3 ft of the tractor.

It was absolutely amazing m no soap no rubbing to get stuff off, it just rinsed off and looked great. Took a micro fibervand wiped it down when I put in the shed so the beads would not leave spots.

So far very happy I ceramic coated. (y)

·
Premium Member
4,793 Posts
Would yo do this to a new truck? The dealership has a program to do the ceramic but I was skeptical.. Would you do it? I don't believe it is cheap by any stretch but I didn't get a price.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you never wax your truck, it might be worth it. Just my opinion here but unless you do it yourself its over priced. The problem is any defects in the paint just get highlight after it’s done, so buffing out any scratches is needed. Is it better than a modern synthetic wax? Yes. Am I going to jump on the ceramic bandwagon, no.

·
Premium Member
4,793 Posts
Thanks,, as I thought. The dealership tries to push this when you buy a new vehicle, like everything else they try to push,, And I'm sure it's not cheap by any stretch.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
19,236 Posts
Would yo do this to a new truck? The dealership has a program to do the ceramic but I was skeptical.. Would you do it? I don't believe it is cheap by any stretch but I didn't get a price.
Absolutely, but NOT at the dealer!

Reactions: tj1

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
withba new clean vehicle doing it yourself would be quite simple. On an older vehicle I would find a detail shop. I don’t have the patience to do the polishing and clay bar work on a vehicle that has been on the road and in the sun.

Our sink is really bad and was looking at a new one. (black and came with the house). It was grey in bottom and scratched. I ceramic coated this morning. Improved but doesn’t hide the scratches will see what it looks like after it sets until Tomm.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It a big money maker for the dealer, just like extended warranties and other add ons. We bought my wife’s car about 18 months ago and that was the only super duper wax job I thought MIGHT be worth it. It was something like $500 and they would do it once a year for so many years. It came out to $100 a shot or a little less. Problem is the dealer was 250 miles away. They count on you not doing it every year too.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
So how’s the bucket interior fare? Did you do the yellow wheels? Mine get grass clippings all over them and are a pita to keep clean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts