Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With less than 20 hrs on my new 1025R I was shocked to see the inner edge of the hood and the upper edge of the engine panels chafed from vibration.

Earlier this week I ordered some 1/2" paint protection film and today I installed it.

Wiped everything with a wet rag and then used a magic eraser to clean up the scuffing as best I could. Then used rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces. I then applied 12" strips on both the side covers and the inner lip of the hood.

Hopefully this helps keep the plastic surfaces from rubbing directly on each other.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 29 yr old Cub Cadet has some significant wear on the hood from vibration. I figured I try to mitigate the damage on the new ride.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Not the end of the world. Take a look at where your hoses rub after the first 100 hrs.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not the end of the world.
Maybe not but if it's this bad at 20 hrs, I can't imagine what it'll be like at 100, 200, or more. My Cub is really bad but since the plastic is off white it's nowhere near as noticeable as the Deere is. I realize it's just a tractor and will likely get numerous battle scars, but it's a huge investment and I like to keep my equipment looking as good as it performs.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: you cannot use the paint protection film on opposing surfaces. It can only be applied to one side as it will stick to itself. Luckily was able to carefully pry the lip of the hood away from the engine covers to get it open. I removed the film from the inside of the hood so now only have it at the top of the side covers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts