Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ken, will the ⅜ grab hooks work with my 5/16 grade 70 chain? Reason being, I might get some heavier ⅜ grade 70 chain in the future and it would be nice to be able to switch the hooks in between them. I use a grab hook on one end of my chains and a slip hook on the other. I already use the ⅜ slip hooks for this very reason. Thanks, buddy. Getting ready to place another order with you, I love your rigging gear. One more thing. If you were serious about making a 4 or 5 link chain with two twist lock grab hooks for a chain shortener, I’ll take one on this order. Going to place the order as soon as I hear from you. Thanks again, buddy.

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Yes Yank, they should work fine.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any difference in function in the small and large chain shortener?

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Not really...Except the large one will also slip over a trailer ball providing another good anchor point for a chain. You could also attach a winch line, come-a-long line, or slip hook to the larger pear link to "split" the load on whatever your pulling.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Placed my order, buddy. Thank you. If you ever decide to make up some 3 or 4 link chain with two twist lock hooks for chain shorteners, let me know!:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Placed my order, buddy. Thank you. If you ever decide to make up some 3 or 4 link chain with two twist lock hooks for chain shorteners, let me know!:thumbup1gif:
Just contact me directly through the website via email, I can make that for you.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent an email to your website contact. Thanks, buddy. Notice you already got my first order shipped out. That’s awesome service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts