Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequently want a chain saw on my tractor, for property clearing as well as firewood cutting. On my old tractor (larger) it fit next to the seat and fender (at the expense of some paint unfortunately). On the 1025, that's not happening. I have one of these guys Chainsaw Scabbard - Alcobra Metals that I used to use to mount a small saw on my dual sport motorcycle. I'm planning on trying to mod it to mount to the tractor, probably on the ROPS. But before I bother, I thought I'd ask, is there a good solution that others are using? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I've seen this topic come up frequently over the years. If you type "chainsaw mount" or "chainsaw holder" into the search bar, I think you'll be overwhelmed with the threads and posts on this topic. Welcome to the forum.

Keane

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,674 Posts
Sawhaul is a complete kit ready to purchase if you would rather not fabricate something.

SawHaul Complete Kit for Tractors
If you need to find a way to secure any mounts to your ROPS, check out Kenny's ROPS mounting clamps, they are top quality and work exactly as they should...........Plus, since you are new and might not know, Kenny is one of the founding members of GTT and pretty much "Royalty" around here......Not in the same way the Kennedy's are considered royalty by some, but Kenny is actually highly regarded and great to do business with.................Quite unlike, well, you know.......

·
Registered
805 Posts
It’s not exactly what you’re looking for (ROPS) but this did the trick for me:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I started investing in the Artillian ROPS Mount system this year, including the chainsaw carrying mount. It is modular and can be scaled up or down with baskets , toolboxes tec. That said, I used the verb investing for a reason - not the least cost product solution on the market. But I think it is a good value (I being a person that believes that value is not always being the same as price)

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,478 Posts
I couldn't see spending money for something so simple so I heated up a spare piece of PVC in the oven for 15 or 20 minutes stuck a board in it. Put weights on it to flatten it...Mounted it on the ROPS with SS clamps. Painted it black, have one on the other side for shovels. I just got around to getting a few more big clamps, will be adding a second...even tho one seems enough.

Plant Plant community People in nature Tree Natural environment

Product Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle Machine
Tool Chainsaw Wood Motor vehicle Gas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't see spending money for something so simple so I heated up a spare piece of PVC in the oven for 15 or 20 minutes stuck a board in it. Put weights on it to flatten it...Mounted it on the ROPS with SS clamps. Painted it black, have one on the other side for shovels. I just got around to getting a few more big clamps, will be adding a second...even tho one seems enough.

View attachment 803462

View attachment 803463 View attachment 803464
Now that's a great idea! I think I have a length of 4" black ABS laying around, might give that a try.

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,478 Posts
That looks like the ticket, Chex! What size pipe did you use? I'm going to go that route. Simple, inexpensive, utilitarian, DIY, checks all of the boxes. I especially like that it can be made any length to completely cover the bar.

Good job!
That should be 3" PVC ....after you warm it up and stand on it, should be able to push a 3.5" board in it. Then pile weights on it. I set the oven at 400F. It ends up about 4" wide when its cold.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.