Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my KBOGHS today, now trying to figure out how & where to affix a box to the 3046 so I always have a chain & some tools with me.

Had an old chain box on the back of the WD45 years ago that served as a catch-all.

What are you using (besides the bucket) to keep your chain handy?

(Hopefully this is relevant enough for the KBOGH forum - if not feel free to move/delete/chastise etc.)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Installed my KBOGHS today, now trying to figure out how & where to affix a box to the 3046 so I always have a chain & some tools with me.

Had an old chain box on the back of the WD45 years ago that served as a catch-all.

What are you using (besides the bucket) to keep your chain handy?

(Hopefully this is relevant enough for the KBOGH forum - if not feel free to move/delete/chastise etc.)
I dont know what a KBOGH is but I put my chain in my ballast box

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
Ken’s Bolt On Grab Hooks. Best thing since cartridge oils filters were used on tractors. :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
I have an idea for a chain storage box-as well as a few other new products, but Father Time has not been on my side here lately :munch:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
IMHO,, a box on a tractor is just a place to destroy tools.
I have 40 acres, and use tractors quite a bit,,
I never find I need a tool to work on a tractor, away from the shed.

If you want to carry a screwdriver, and a pair of pliers,,,
the instruction manual holder can be re-purposed for that.

We did use a post hole digger a couple weeks ago, and broke some shear pins.
BUT,, I would have never had a 7/16" deep well socket, extension, and ratchet on the tractor.
Actually, I needed TWO of those to tighten the shear pins.

I carry a chain that is heavy enough to replace one suitcase weight.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I have a big toolbox that sits in the top of my ballast box extension. It keeps everything out of the weather. It holds 4 different chains of various lengths, a few oblong slings, a KBOGH BallDog, a brush puller and various hitch pins and clips. I figure it weights about 70+ pounds which is just more ballast for me. :)

E26R0224.jpg

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
I have an idea for a chain storage box-as well as a few other new products, but Father Time has not been on my side here lately :munch:
Father time? Does that mean you're getting to old to ride your bike? You could donate it to me, I'm still young enough to ride. :lolol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts