Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of chains do the users of John Deere 2720 use ? have the R4 and do not want the cross chains falling between the lugs. also the mower deck linkage looks to be pretty close.
came across these today

14-17.5 Aquiline Multi-Purpose (MPC) Tire Chain

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,152 Posts
Welcome to GTT logankelly. Give the people at Tirechain.com and they will hook you up. Good Company to deal with.

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
I have a 2720 and bought my chains at Tirechain.com. I have the JD factory spacers on the front and have the rear tires in the wide position.

The rear chains are very heavy and do not get trapped in the lugs.

IMG_1114.jpg IMG_1634_hose.jpg

·
Registered
23,318 Posts
I have these and love them. I had the same concerns with the cross chains settling in between the tire lugs - won't happen with these! Plus they are a low profile chain so you hardly feel them running on hard ground.

P1330026.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
I have these and love them. I had the same concerns with the cross chains settling in between the tire lugs - won't happen with these! Plus they are a low profile chain so you hardly feel them running on hard ground.

View attachment 106625
I second Coaltrain's comments. I have a 2320 and a 3320. Both equipped with R4 tires. Have the tirechains.com 3/8" 2-link chains on the 2320 and the Aquiline MPC Chains on the 3320. The Aquiline MPC's are lighter, easier to install and due to the outer links connecting the cross chains together, maintain spacing and don't drop into the voids between the lugs. Both designs do the job and I have no problems with traction with either machine. Both machines walk up my steep driveway with ease. The Aquiline MPC is a more well thought design and you will pay the price if you can find them this time of year.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

Too bad your 1/2 a country away from me, I have a set of almost brandy new chains for the R4's on the 25/2720/2032r series. They have about 1/2 mile of use, one trip down and back up my driveway, been sitting in a milk crate for almost 8 years now.

Frank, I've been on your driveway, its not that steep....:thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
what kind of chains do the users of John Deere 2720 use ? have the R4 and do not want the cross chains falling between the lugs. also the mower deck linkage looks to be pretty close.
came across these today

Ken Jones Tire shows (1) set left in stock! They're good people. I purchased my Aquiline MPC chains from them.:thumbup1gif:

14X17.5 AQUILINE (MPC) MULTI PURPOSE TRACTOR TIRE CHAINS - KEN JONES TIRES

14x17.5 aquiline multi purpose tire chains (mpc). >for equipment with minimal clearance -1 pair-, kji chain - Ken Jones Tires

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Shipping weight shows as 62 lb. for the set. In my dreams! The chains I show above must weigh 70+ lbs. each and are a PAIN to install.

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Hiya,

Frank, I've been on your driveway, its not that steep....:thumbup1gif:
Tom,

Steep enough to get me winded when I walk up for the mail. Ask Ms. SGS how steep it is when she's leaving to catch the 5:20 AM train? Ask the pizza delivery guy how steep it is. How about trying to drive a 2006 Lincoln LS V8 with RWD up to the road?? Steep enough but likely not as steep as yours.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Registered
23,318 Posts
That's quite remarkable - I ordered mine in August that came in September (2014) and they were out of my size by the end of September (different vendor).

Just looked where I got mine and they show in stock as well - and yes....shipping weight of 62# is correct.

14-17.5 Aquiline Multi-Purpose (MPC) Tire Chain – Tire Chains by TireChainsRequired.com

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 10 of 10 Posts