Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son spotted this on another close out web site. Lowes has the B980 Chamberlin Wifi, smart controller, MyQ technology, with battery back up, and door lock for the unbelievable price of 87$. This is a unit that normally runs just under 300$. When he told me I told him he was crazy. I got on their website and the B970 (same unit with out the dead bolt lock) for 268.99 . He said he would checkout our Davenport Iowa store. I work about 6 blocks from it I told him to call me if it was real. 20 minutes I got a text "get your a** over here." I was just leaving work I was there in 5 minutes. The price on the shelf was 268.99 but they rang out at $87.00 and he already had his two in his car. He had one he was holding for me and we walked back to the garage door area and grabbed a second one for me. I saw the shelf tag for 268.99 but they scanned out at $87.00 each and since I used my lowes card I got 5% more off. Unreal

Attachments

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
:dunno:but why was they selling them so cheap to begin with-is what i want to know??

it seems over the yrs-when i found deals like that--it usually broke a week or two later for me:banghead: u know i got the sign Murphy's Law hanging around my neck:nunu:

i hope urs work for a lifetime for sure-ok.:bigthumb:

Drifterbike--do u think them openers are capable of making it 20 yrs? if so u stole it for sure:mocking::munch:good luck to uns.

·
Registered
85 Posts
According to the guy at the local Lowe's, they have a new CEO and he's decided to change up some of the brands that are carried. Everything he decided needed to go to be replaced by his favorite brands was put on clearance at 75% off early this week. Not much left on the clearance tables by today.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Great find!

Lowe’s hired the guy that pretty much destroyed JC Penny to lead them some place. Home Depot has been growing faster. And showing better profit margins.

His first edict was to reduce inventories. He wants to carry less in the stores focusing on carrying only things that sell fast. Even before this change I drive the extra 10 miles to Home Depot on a regular basis. I ran in to Lowe’s here a couple of Saturday afternoons ago for some stainless fasteners. No self checkout, 14 people in line for the single open register. I ended up leaving them on the candy shelf and delaying the project initial I could swing by true value next to work on n Monday.

Soon you will probably go in for 3/4 inch pipe and find that they only carry 1/2 and 1 inch, simplified out 3/4 to reduce inventory.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Great find!

Lowe’s hired the guy that pretty much destroyed JC Penny to lead them some place. Home Depot has been growing faster. And showing better profit margins.

His first edict was to reduce inventories. He wants to carry less in the stores focusing on carrying only things that sell fast. Even before this change I drive the extra 10 miles to Home Depot on a regular basis. I ran in to Lowe’s here a couple of Saturday afternoons ago for some stainless fasteners. No self checkout, 14 people in line for the single open register. I ended up leaving them on the candy shelf and delaying the project initial I could swing by true value next to work on n Monday.

Soon you will probably go in for 3/4 inch pipe and find that they only carry 1/2 and 1 inch, simplified out 3/4 to reduce inventory.
I'm with you, I cannot stand lowes. I have one directly across from my Home Depot. If I can't find what I'm looking for there I go home and order it online. Maybe I'm just still pissed off that lowes thinks it's acceptable to jam our cell phones after walking 10' into the store so you can't send or receive pictures or look up prices online. What are they so afraid of?!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drifterbike--do u think them openers are capable of making it 20 yrs? if so u stole it for sure:mocking::munch:good luck to uns.
BigJim I am a big guy that turned 65 yesterday. I don't think I'll make it 20 years. I just installed the Sears equalivant and it ran 249$. It is also made by Chamberlin. Going to install these two this afternoon I am really impressed with the belt drive and the phone app.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I'm with you, I cannot stand lowes. I have one directly across from my Home Depot. If I can't find what I'm looking for there I go home and order it online. Maybe I'm just still pissed off that lowes thinks it's acceptable to jam our cell phones after walking 10' into the store so you can't send or receive pictures or look up prices online. What are they so afraid of?!
I doubt they are jamming your cell phone. Probably more to do with the building type, signal strength prior to walking into the building, and service provider.

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

·
Registered
570 Posts
All this gadgetry. Technology sure has come a long ways.
Next thing you know, someone drives by with a frequency scanner and opens your garage door.
I'll stick to the old ways :munch:

·
Registered
12,295 Posts
BigJim I am a big guy that turned 65 yesterday. I don't think I'll make it 20 years. I just installed the Sears equalivant and it ran 249$. It is also made by Chamberlin. Going to install these two this afternoon I am really impressed with the belt drive and the phone app.
drifterbike-well heck here ya go---:laugh::congrats: and :birthday:good luck-ok.

jeepers i had no idea -Lowes hired that fella-that IMO-tore JCPennies into the ground. so i guess Lowes will be next then.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
We installed two Liftmaster wall mount / jack shaft driven openers last summer. I don't care how good of a price any of the others are, no way I'll ever have anything else. They are ultra quiet, quick and out of the way. The only draw back, the spring tension has to be exactly right but that only added about 30 minutes to the install

https://www.liftmaster.com/liftmaster-8500w-wall-mount-opener/p/8500W

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got my two mounted Sunday morning without any problems then we went to my sons house to put his up and got them assembled and took his first one down and find out he has 8ft doors. Got extension kits Monday and my two sons got his done this morning. These are very nice and solid. glad we found them. :yahoo::yahoo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts