Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an early 425 today that has the older seat bracket that holds the seat on to the base with two bolts instead of the newer seat that is held on with a long pin. I see that all of the higher back replacement seats require the long pin configuration. Is the seat pan set up in such a way that I can try to find an entire used base from a newer 425 or 445 that uses the long pin configuration? Or am I better off just finding an OEM seat?

The newer base interests me with the adjustable springs because my seat and springs feel tired and I’m bouncing around all over the place. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I don’t think it’s a newer seat, it’s the deluxe suspension. It was always on the 445/455, and just an option on the 425.

It does ride much better

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes you can replace the standard suspension with the premium suspension from 445/455. However, the suspension for the 445/455 is like $500. Buy the suspension for a new x7 series tractor and bolt that on instead since they're under $200. They're pretty much the same design, the springs are just different.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thank you! I ordered a 445 suspension seat base from eBay last night for ~$70 including shipping. I will add pictures to this thread once I get it in the mail and get it installed. I appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts