Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daylight savings starts at 2am on the 9th, reset your clocks before beddy-by time :laugh:

dst.JPG

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
My bedroom clocks never go off of DST! I do more by the sun's hours than a clock anyway, so just leave some of the clocks alone.

Thanks for the reminder though!

·
Super Moderator
5,539 Posts
It's such a crock that the time even has to be changed from DST.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
At least Arizona has it right, they are exempt from DST. If their hot weather is the legitimate reason for it, then I hope TX will jump on board too. FG can tell you it gets mighty hot here too. Maybe not as hot as AZ or consistently, but hot enough.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I stopped my grandfather clock at 11:55PM for his AM restart. Both my Casio "Tough Solar's" will change themselves. Take that Rolex fans, yours won't do that!:laugh:

Another and possibly more important change are the batteries in all the smoke detectors in the Universe! Wouldn't want anyone to become "late" as a result of smoke! I'm also a stockholder in Duracell.:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I wish it was DST year round! I hate winter and having it get dark around 4:30 PM is depressing.

I won't buy a clock unless it sets itself from the NIST atomic clock in the People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado.

OK, here's how I make the transition easier, and if your schedule allows it, give it a try. I set my clocks after I get up instead of before I go to bed. Doing so gives my decrepit body's clock a gentler transition from DST to Standard and back again.

·
8,558 Posts
At least Arizona has it right, they are exempt from DST. If their hot weather is the legitimate reason for it, then I hope TX will jump on board too. FG can tell you it gets mighty hot here too. Maybe not as hot as AZ or consistently, but hot enough.
Maybe, but I MUCH prefer Daylight Savings Time. I like having a little daylight left at the end of the day to accomplish things. If I had my choice, we'd stay on DST!!!!

As far as transition....I begin shifting feeding times for critters, etc., about 2 weeks before the clocks change. Allows a smoother transition for them and me!

(I try that going off of DST, but if you are an early riser, it is harder to "sleep in" and make your own body adjust.)

·
Registered
11,899 Posts
If I forgot to do it last night can I still do it now?

:hide::lol:
I wish it was DST year round! I hate winter and having it get dark around 4:30 PM is depressing.

I won't buy a clock unless it sets itself from the NIST atomic clock in the People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado.

OK, here's how I make the transition easier, and if your schedule allows it, give it a try. I set my clocks after I get up instead of before I go to bed. Doing so gives my decrepit body's clock a gentler transition from DST to Standard and back again.
Gizmo: Yes, this is acceptable, in fact according to mjncad, it is preferable.

mjncad: Thanks for this info. Some of "us" in the east are a bit slow picking up on things, unless our wives tell us.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Maybe, but
I MUCH prefer Daylight Savings Time.
I like having a little daylight left at the end of the day to accomplish things. If I had my choice, we'd stay on DST!!!!

As far as transition....I begin shifting feeding times for critters, etc., about 2 weeks before the clocks change. Allows a smoother transition for them and me!

(I try that going off of DST, but if you are an early riser, it is harder to "sleep in" and make your own body adjust.)
I prefer it too, but I hated for the kids to have to wait for the school bus in the dark.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Gizmo: Yes, this is acceptable, in fact according to mjncad, it is preferable.

mjncad: Thanks for this info. Some of "us" in the east are a bit slow picking up on things, unless our wives tell us.
I can read between the lines here Drobinson.....................the wife was still sleeping.:lol:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
When I was stationed in Hawaii there was no DST either. It was summer all year. :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Put me in the "stay on DST year round" camp. Who cares if the sun isn't directly overhead at high-noon. It isn't in half the places anyway.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Whats wrong with staying on standard time ? Now that we moved the clock ahead I have to start my work day in the dark. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I hear you on the morning darkness, but in my case I don't have time to mow the lawn and tend to the garden at 5am, but with it staying light in the summer until 9:30 pm, I can get a ton of stuff done! So I vote for DST year-round! :)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'm in bed by 9:30 PM more often than not.:laugh: I gets up 4:15ish AM, at work 5:30 AM. So not a big fan of DST.

·
8,558 Posts
I'm in bed by 9:30 PM more often than not.:laugh: I gets up 4:15ish AM, at work 5:30 AM. So not a big fan of DST.
I'm usually up 0330-0400, even on weekends. I still prefer DST. Going to work in the dark doesn't bother me half as much as having it dark when I get home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts