Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was seeing my Skid Plate deforming some and it was because of the Exhaust Ripe blowing against it. It is not steel in this area so I could heat and bend it to fit. Did not want the Exhaust doing it later. Corrected it by adding 5" of 2" ID EMT over the 2" OD Pipe so I could clamp to it. Then I used a 2" to 2 1/2" - 45 Degree Turbo Hose to aim it away from the skid plate. Easy fix and this can take the high temp coming out running. Had to change the original clamp to a galvanized Fence Pipe 2 1/2" Clamp. 100_3800.JPG 100_3803.JPG I think before the heat was going under my tractor between the skid plate and making the tractor run warmer when working it hard and not moving much? We will see if anything changes can't hurt and I will feel it after running it for a while to see how hot it gets.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Now all you need is a chrome tip. Looks good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very nice :thumbup1gif:

Us silly electricians always find a use for conduit :laugh:
put a bender and a bundle of pipe in our hands, there isn’t much we can’t build!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice. I basically did the same thing with my x758 a few months ago. I installed a 45 degree silicone hose straight on the exhaust pipe and I've been running it on that without issue. Mine reason for doing it was because the exhaust constantly blows back in your face as you drive. Adding the elbow cut down enormously on the amount of exhaust I was breathing.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts