Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into changing the T stat on my 1025R to a 180 F, part # M812140. Looking at parts diagram doesn't appear there is a gasket between housing? Look right?

·
Premium Member
12,749 Posts
I agree. The parts illustration does not show a gasket, which is odd. I checked the parts listings for a 1025R and 1026R and neither shows a gasket. It's possible they intend for you to use RTV in place of a gasket but you would need the service manual to be sure.

Just for giggles and grins I checked the parts listing for my 2720 and it shows a gasket under the thermostat housing. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Looking into changing the T stat on my 1025R to a 180 F, part # M812140. Looking at parts diagram doesn't appear there is a gasket between housing? Look right?
Once you change the tstat, leave it in. Can't remember if there is a gasket, but think not. May have been oring. Stat is perfect for year round.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
No gasket, ring on the thermo is the seal. Put one on my 1026 first winter I had it. It worked way better than the Rice Krispies cardboard radiator blocker I experimented with! I firmly believe the oil stayed cleaner with the 180 installed...

Summer running is no problem as far as cooling. The system has plenty of extra cooling capacity built in... Just keep the front screen and radiator clean same as having the old thermo.

·
Premium Member
9,162 Posts
No gasket, ring on the thermo is the seal. Put one on my 1026 first winter I had it. It worked way better than the Rice Krispies cardboard radiator blocker I experimented with! I firmly believe the oil stayed cleaner with the 180 installed...

Summer running is no problem as far as cooling. The system has plenty of extra cooling capacity built in... Just keep the front screen and radiator clean same as having the old thermo.
Guess it just didn't have the "Snap, Crackle and Pop" you were seeking.....:laugh:

Wheaties, is the coolant vent blocking cardboard cereal box of champions........:good2:and the Fruit loops, well, that's for another thread......:lol:

I run the 180 degree thermostat on my old 455 and still ended up blocking the side panel vents next to the radiator, to maintain the optimal winter temp. But it doesn't take long when the weather warms and you notice a big difference in engine temps if you don't restore the air flow through all intended vents, panels, etc.

Of course, always fixing things the correct way is the best long term result.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts