Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does your manual actually say to change at the first 50 hrs, or is that just an undocumented accepted practice? I can't find anything except the 200 hr interval on the maintenance chart, or on any other page in the owners manual unless I keep missing it. Not that I won't do it, just wondering where the 50 hr number is found. My tractor is a 1025r.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
the manual for my 2016 2032r says to change it at 50 hrs :thumbup1gif: I don't know if it has changed for the newer model :greentractorride: tractors
After First 50 Hours
• Change engine oil and filter.
• Change transmission oil and filter.
• Clean transmission suction screen and internal magnets.

KN52281,1004206-19-20120920

Copyright © 2013 Deere & Company.
All Rights Reserved.

About Our Site | Site Search | Contact Us | Privacy and Data | Legal |

Connect with Us on Facebook Twitter YouTube

Reactions: PJR832 and jimmylh

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the manual for my 2016 2032r says to change it at 50 hrs :thumbup1gif: I don't know if it has changed for the newer model :greentractorride: tractors
After First 50 Hours
• Change engine oil and filter.
• Clean transmission suction screen and internal magnets.

KN52281,1004206-19-20120920

Copyright © 2013 Deere & Company.
All Rights Reserved.

About Our Site | Site Search | Contact Us | Privacy and Data | Legal |

Connect with Us on Facebook Twitter YouTube
Thanks, I should have added for a 1025r in the title.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Thanks, I should have added for a 1025r in the title.
:oops: I forgot what I read you did say a 1025r in your description and on your signature :banghead:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
12,656 Posts
What is the S/N of your 1025R?

This is what is listed in MOST of the 1025R operator's manuals:

After First 50 Hours

• Clean transmission suction screen.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
12,656 Posts
Ok... here's the deal. It appears that sometime around 2017/2018 JD must have hired a different group to write their operator's manuals. We've seen this now with the new 2-series and the latest 1-series. What used to be a somewhat easy to follow manual is now a segmented mess. Example, all prior 1-series manuals had 20 sections. The new 2017/2018 manual has 48 sections which has resulted in a confusing mess.

The initial 50-hour oil change is a good example - see below.

1025R-sn.jpg

As you can see, all prior manuals had a "after first 50 hours" maintenance interval. But starting with S/N HJ100001 that section is oddly missing. Same engine, same transmission but the initial 50 hour maintenance section is gone.

Everyone knows how dirty the suction screen typically is at 50 hours.

JD really needs to trash the new manuals and go back to the way they were written for the past 6 years.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok... here's the deal. It appears that sometime around 2017/2018 JD must have hired a different group to write their operator's manuals. We've seen this now with the new 2-series and the latest 1-series. What used to be a somewhat easy to follow manual is now a segmented mess. Example, all prior 1-series manuals had 20 sections. The new 2017/2018 manual has 48 sections which has resulted in a confusing mess.

View attachment 549729

As you can see, all prior manuals had a "after first 50 hours" maintenance interval. But starting with S/N HJ100001 that section is oddly missing. Same engine, same transmission but the initial 50 hour maintenance section is gone.

JD really needs to trash the new manuals and go back to the way they were written for the past 6 years.
Thanks! Glad I joined GTT, other wise I wouldn't know half this stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts

View attachment 549729

The "new" Technical Service Manuals are absolutely terrible compared to the way they had been written for a very long time. I would love to sit down with the authors of the new manuals and challenge them to find and show various common topics which were extremely easy to find in the previous service manuals.

For the life of me, I don't understand their new "system". Also, I don't understand why they needed to change them from something which was a very valuable tool and logically organized into something that I dread having to refer to for any information.

The main reason for the 50 hour Hydro service is to change out the fluid and filter and eliminate any of the residue from the rear end casing porosity treatment. It also results in the silicone sealant which "squeezed out" and has broken off from the case assembly to be removed from the screen.

The Deere technicians I have spoken with about this change said that 50 hour Hydro fluid and filter service is probably the most important service the tractor will undergo in it's early life to prevent issues with the hydrostatic drive system operation. They also commented that this is something that Deere is "stressing" must not be overlooked in the training sessions and technical service meetings.

·
Premium Member
12,656 Posts
The Deere technicians I have spoken with about this change said that 50 hour Hydro fluid and filter service is probably the most important service the tractor will undergo in it's early life to prevent issues with the hydrostatic drive system operation. They also commented that this is something that Deere is "stressing" must not be overlooked in the training sessions and technical service meetings.
It is so important that they eliminated it from the owner's manual. [you can't make this stuff up]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts