Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was frustrated by the random collection of hooks on the garage wall of the house we bought not long ago, but not frustrated enough to pay hundreds of dollars for some fancy garage organizer system. The solution:

1. Mount a 16 foot 2x4 with 1/2 inch holes drilled every four inches (holes slant upwards at a 15 degree angle).
2. Add 1/4 inch holes along the top, also a 4 inches apart.
3. Cut dowel rods to various lengths to create a fully reconfigurable system.

To make the holes parallel, I cut a short 2x4 scrap so the face was at 15 degrees, then tacked a drill guide to that face. All I had to do was slide it along the 16 foot board and drill at each mark.

PegRack1.jpg
PegRack2.jpg
PegRack3.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
That's a good idea!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I was frustrated by the random collection of hooks on the garage wall of the house we bought not long ago, but not frustrated enough to pay hundreds of dollars for some fancy garage organizer system. The solution:

1. Mount a 16 foot 2x4 with 1/2 inch holes drilled every four inches (holes slant upwards at a 15 degree angle).
2. Add 1/4 inch holes along the top, also a 4 inches apart.
3. Cut dowel rods to various lengths to create a fully reconfigurable system.

To make the holes parallel, I cut a short 2x4 scrap so the face was at 15 degrees, then tacked a drill guide to that face. All I had to do was slide it along the 16 foot board and drill at each mark.

View attachment 594922
View attachment 594930
View attachment 594938
I need to redo mine. Great idea

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb: Does the same job as the high price one but a LOT LOT LOT cheaper.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use unistrut with all the holes in it and different size bolts for what I’m hanging up. This can be found at Lowes or any electric supply shop. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
I like you idea. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts