1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,974 Posts
Whoa! I've never seen them that cheap before. I have to assume that they are selling them as "each" so you'd to order 2 at a time but still...

Great find! :good2:

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Standard iMatch bushings measure approximately 4" long - diameter is 2" large end and 1¼ small end.

These RanchEx are 4" long but the diameter is 1 1/8" large end and 7/8" small end.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Site says they're Cat 1, but like you said, outside diameter is about 1/8" smaller. 7/8" is the inside diameter, which matches the imatch shaft size. I checked the same part on amazon for almost $20, and it had more specs. For what little i do, i think they'll work ok maybe? Just a ballast box, box blade, and a spare set. Price is per bushing. Worst case scenario I try a set and take 4 back.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
These RanchEx are 4" long but the diameter is 1 1/8" large end and 7/8" small end.
The way it is listed, the RanchEx measurements are: 1-1/8" outside diameter, 7/8" inside diameter, 4" length. That would make them a Cat-2 bushing.

As with most bushings, they don't give you the size of the big mushroom end, only the actually bushing part.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Site says they're Cat 1, but like you said, diameter is about 1/8" smaller.
They are Cat-1... Cat-1 input. The output is Cat-2. :) I wish places that sell bushings would always list the IN and OUT but unfortunately they don't.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Do they have any for a CAT II quick hitch? CAT II to CAT III

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
282 Posts
Site says they're Cat 1, but like you said, outside diameter is about 1/8" smaller. 7/8" is the inside diameter, which matches the imatch shaft size. I checked the same part on amazon for almost $20, and it had more specs. For what little i do, i think they'll work ok maybe? Just a ballast box, box blade, and a spare set. Price is per bushing. Worst case scenario I try a set and take 4 back.
How did they work out? Did they turn out to be cat 1? .... never mind - I just saw that you cancelled the order....

·
Registered
282 Posts
My dad contacted ranchex before he ordered his and ended up talking to several people. He was given dimensions that were correct for the cat 1 bushings and not what was posted on their site. When he receives them I’ll measure them up and post an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you post an update? How did they work out?

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
I just got done measuring the bushings and they are correct for cat1 quick hitches. The body is 1 7/16, the large “mushroom” is 2” with an overall length of 4”. View attachment 618778

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you are saying that even though the bushing has a sticker right on it that clearly says 1 1/8 inches that it actually measures 1 7/16 inches?

·
Registered
357 Posts
As someone who's going thru the same thing right now, this bushing thing is confusing,
and quite frankly ridiculous. I've reverted to getting a bushing that fits the pin on the implement,
taking it with me to the store, and building it up from there. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
As someone who's going thru the same thing right now, this bushing thing is confusing,
and quite frankly ridiculous. I've reverted to getting a bushing that fits the pin on the implement,
taking it with me to the store, and building it up from there. :banghead:
I was confused as well when I first bought my Land Pride quick hitch. I didn't understand the whole bushing thing and the Land Pride dealer was no help. So I called Land Pride support and was told I really didn't need bushing - which really confused me and turned out to be wrong info.

The end result was I did need Cat3 sized bushings just like with most other quick hitches.

The issue seems even more confusing recently because more manufacturers are coming out with quick hitches that accept Cat-1 pins directly and don't need bushings. So when trying to give a new user advice you first have to establish exactly which quick hitch variant they have and go from there.

As far as getting a bushing that fits the pin on the implement, that is only half the story. All Cat-1 implements have the same sized lower pins so the "input" for the bushing (or I.D.) will always be the same. It's the "output" of the bushing or (O.D.) that you have to pay close attention to.

The vendors aren't doing any favors either because most of the time they list the item as "Cat-1 bushing". Duh. That only tells the I.D., what about the O.D. 99% of the confusion would disappear if the description simply read "Bushing fits a Cat-1 pin and up sizes it to Cat-3". :)

This thread became super confusing because while the bushings the OP was looking at had a I.D. of Cat-1, the specifications listed the O.D. as a Cat-2 size. And now a double whammy because apparently the specifications were listed incorrectly.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts