13,341 Posts
Gizmo2 needs one of them, no more getting stuck. :lol:

·
Registered
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a dealer three miles from us...cool machines with an equally cool price....I recall the one with the tracks being "on sale" (complete with a Christmas bow) for just $24K.

I will say that 19 mph is impressive....I thought 7 was pretty good on my Z-track....I will from this point forward live with speed envy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:good2: are u buying one of these machines? i think they are neat as can be. good luck if u get one.:munch:[/QUOTE

Only way I get one of these, would be.. they allow me to have one free for "review" purposes. I still love the "Jolly Green Giants" ones.

I have a son living in Plymouth, Mn and he is thinking about getting one for his four acres plot. They (Altoz) are made up north in Minnesota near the Canadian border. They are very poplar for owners in Canada.

I think the lowest price is about $11,500.00

John Deere needs to get with it and make some videos of their factory assembly operations. These Altoz boys show the stuff....people wanting to by will like their videos on how they are made. Of course, those JD people don't want just any person viewing how they make a John Deere lawn tractor....all is kept a secret.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just found out there is a Altoz dealer 35 miles from me. 19 mph forward/ 12 mph reverse. WOW!!!!

https://altoz.com/explore/videos/
I have yet to be on a piece of terrain where I could do 19 mph safely on a mower, let a long a ZTR but that is impressive. Expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have yet to be on a piece of terrain where I could do 19 mph safely on a mower, let a long a ZTR but that is impressive. Expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

The name of the game for property maintenance is efficiency. Literally, the difference between huge profits or outright bankruptcy.

That's what those guys with snowblowers they haul around on a personal trailer, doing driveways for $20, never last very long.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,263 Posts
John Deere needs to get with it and make some videos of their factory assembly operations. These Altoz boys show the stuff....people wanting to by will like their videos on how they are made. Of course, those JD people don't want just any person viewing how they make a John Deere lawn tractor....all is kept a secret.
Maybe they only need to update their videos.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Maybe they only need to update their videos.
Yep, they spelled TRUMP wrong at 0:47 into the film. Don't think Trump spells it TRUMPF. :lolol:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
They are well above JD price point and using 20 mph ground speed to mow isn't going to make up the difference. I can't mow at 8 on most of my property. No way in hell I'd see 15 let alone 19 and if you gave this to an hourly swinging di{k commercial guy, hed have it upside down in a matter of hours. Certain markets where JD isn't competitive, maybe. Nationwide, they might want to rethink their business model.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
They are well above JD price point and using 20 mph ground speed to mow isn't going to make up the difference. I can't mow at 8 on most of my property. No way in hell I'd see 15 let alone 19 and if you gave this to an hourly swinging di{k commercial guy, hed have it upside down in a matter of hours. Certain markets where JD isn't competitive, maybe. Nationwide, they might want to rethink their business model.

Don't go faster, go wider!!!! That is what I did. I mow 110 inches per pass with my RFM. Early in the year before the ground gets hard, I can go 9MPH, but later in the year, I am down to 6-7MPH. And I am in an air conditioned cab.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts