Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today before the wife and I headed to the plant sale at Ohiopyle we stopped at the annual Chickentown Gas and Steam show in Somerset, PA.

It was a really cool show with all kinds of tractors, hit and miss engines and equipment. I took a bunch of photos and some videos that I'll have to post once site allows it again.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I do miss going to these events where folks would bring out their old steam engines and hit and miss engines. When I lived in PA, every summer there were a handful of these events every summer. I always got to see at least one each year. I'll have to start looking around here in TN.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Cool pics! Thanks! I live app 5 miles away but have never been to it...and I don't know why not. My 90 y/o father was there Saturday, as he always is, selling ice cream with his Lions Club buddies.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
well-jeepers-oldmanx-i too have never attended this event-but in my defence i'm around 20 some miles away:hide: i have been to Stoystown, Pa. where they have a nice show each summer. but i have only been to it one time too.

great pics-felix-thanks for showing us:good2:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well Big Jim, my girlfriend is from Stoystown...so I was obligated to attend the big Stoystown Memorial Day parade today. The older Jeep with a post hole digger mounted on the back, that's in Felix's pictures, was in that parade too.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Big Jim, my girlfriend is from Stoystown...so I was obligated to attend the big Stoystown Memorial Day parade today. The older Jeep with a post hole digger mounted on the back, that's in Felix's pictures, was in that parade too.

That Willys is cool. I have even pictures of them but never seen one in real life.

·
Premium Member
14,108 Posts
Mike ,,,had to do search of Chickentown, been going to New Centerville since in the late 70's to the Farmers Thrashers Steam show, Welcome to NCRVFC Jubilee 2016 Home Page. Had never heard of this show,, seen several of the items there that comes to the FTS. Oh great pictures and video Thanks.

Just wondering how did you go when you went to Ohiopyle ? or just driving around afterwards. Ohiopyle is only 15-20 miles from the house, Somerset close to 40-50 miles.

FYI About 4 miles from the PA Turnpike the Mine Shaft of 9 miners being saved, and the 9-11 memorial another 10-15 miles .

·
Premium Member
14,108 Posts
We went to the steam show first. Took I68 to Bruceton Mills then went up through Confluence on 281. We then backtracked to Ohiopyle.
:bigthumb::bigthumb:
Well once you left Ohiopyle you could have followed 381 to the PA line and stayed on that road (past my house) to Brandonville then 2 miles to Bruceton and back on I68.
Either way sounds like you had a good day..

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:bigthumb::bigthumb:
Well once you left Ohiopyle you could have followed 381 to the PA line and stayed on that road (past my house) to Brandonville then 2 miles to Bruceton and back on I68.
Either way sounds like you had a good day..
I know you were out that way. I was trying to remember what your place e looked like. I think I looked it up on google street view back a few years ago when you sent me your address. We will have to get together anew time again. I enjoyed the time when you stopped by.

·
Premium Member
14,108 Posts
I know you were out that way. I was trying to remember what your place e looked like. I think I looked it up on google street view back a few years ago when you sent me your address. We will have to get together anew time again. I enjoyed the time when you stopped by.
As mentioned , this past weekend and next few days I will be tied up. Probably good thing you didn't find me.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As mentioned , this past weekend and next few days I will be tied up. Probably good thing you didn't find me.
I completely understand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts