Green Tractor Talk banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Sorry to hear of such sad news. Prayers will be said for the family.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
I'm sorry for their/your loss, Marlin, that is tragic. I'm praying for them.
I don't know what to say, Marlin. I'm sorry.
Just couldn't imagine that Marlin, prayers to all of you. 🙏
Thanks guys, I'm with you . . . It's such a tragedy it took my breath away as my eyes teared.

As a follow-up we received this message from Missey's cousin Erna in Albany, near the area. Erna hears or knows about everything family. She received the following, written by the grandmother of Marvin, cousin of Erna and Missey . . .

As I read it, I lost it, it's just too much . . .

Ben’s mother in law is Pam Darling (they live near Allen and Julie Cowan and they go to the Assembly in Albany). This is what Pam wrote...

"Our world was turned upside down and shaken to it's bitter roots on Wednesday the 18th of March. We received the call from our daughter to please come now! They can't find Marvin our 2 1/2 year old grandson. I had gotten a text right before that to pray, pray harder than I have ever prayed before. So I was crying out desperately to God, not knowing the situation but knowing that God knew.

As we drove over there I continued to pray that they would find him. When we arrived they had found him in the water and he was on his way to the hospital. I cried out to God with everything that was in me. We arrived at the hospital where we were told that they are continuing to do CPR and that they could here a heart beat. It was slow but it was there. He was very cold so they were trying to get him warmed up so that his body could function properly. Ben and Rachelle were at his bedside. They brought us (grandparents and family) back to see him.

There are NO words for how I/we felt at that moment. The pediatric team was AMAZING!! The room was packed with a team trained in infant CPR. They rotated through out the night for hours trying to help Marvin's little body keep the blood flowing. The Doctor was also AMAZING!!! Such a peaceful and calm demeanor. He knelt down in front of Ben and Rachelle and explained that they couldn't continue doing CPR because his little body could only handle so much. They had been doing everything for him. Now it was time to see what his little heart could and would do on it's own. They would continue to breath for him but they needed to see if his heart was going to respond by itself.

I had along with many others continued to cry out to God. I asked God to sustain him. We gathered around him as they stopped the compressions and we held his hands and feet and talked to him and kissed him. Praying that God would do a miracle right then. God did do a miracle and his heart began beating on it's own. We continued praying. I was pleading with God to breath life into his lungs, into this precious lifeless body. We watched as his blood pressure started to come up. Then they said that he was stable enough to life flight him to Dorenbecker in Portland. I continued to cry out to God, believing that he was going to bring Marvin back to us. It was looking hopeful. The Panda team and helicopter arrived and they began to prepare him for his flight. As they began moving him around and doing what they needed to do to hook him up to their machines his blood pressure began to drop. They worked for several more hours on him.

Finally the doctor once again knelt in front of Ben and Rachelle and with all of us gathered around and explained that Marvin's heart wasn't beating hard enough to push his blood to all the parts of his body and that his organs were not able to work and his body was shutting down. I cried out NO GOD! Please!! Do your Miracle now! Breathe life into his body! It tore my heart out as I watched our daughter cry out NO! He has to come back. Marvin you have to come back. There is nothing I could do to take her pain or Ben's pain away or my own as momma and Granny.

They took all the tubes and wires off of him so we could hold him and love on him and say our goodbyes. I was still pleading with God in every way I know how. God you have raised the dead to life! Now is the time for you to come thru! Now God! Now! It's not too late for you to show your power. We sat there for several hours loving on him. Our hearts crushed. Having no answers myself and not having answers for our daughter and Ben. As I'm watching our daughter trying to go back and get her son as we are leaving the hospital.

The enemy is filling their heads with lies and guilt. I'm having this conversation with God as we drive away. God WHY?!?! Why didn't you raise him from the dead? We arrived at home at 4 something in the morning. Tried to sleep for a bit. I woke up at 7 hoping it was all a horrible nightmare and that Marvin was still with us. Again I cried out why God? Why didn't you raise him from the dead. We needed a miracle. God I don't understand!!!!! Then He said to me, I did raise him from the dead. I did breath life into him. He is with me. I argued with God saying that I meant for him to be here with us. I keep asking why? I don't understand!!!! This doesn't make sense!!

We will never know. It will never make sense. BUT! Here is what I DO know. God is faithful. He has proven Himself faithful through many extremely difficult times. He is always here with me. He has never left me and He has never failed me. He has taught me so much and continues to teach me to trust. There is no one like my God. I can trust my creator. I can trust Marvin's Creator! God loves him far more than we could ever imagine. I can trust that even when things don't make sense to us He is in control. Even though I don't understand. He is in control.

The Detective said this yesterday as he was crying with us and it has stuck with me. "Now it's time to figure out how to turn the pages with out having any answers." That's so true. Not easy but true. So here we are walking where we never thought we would walk, but walking where many have walked. We aren't walking it alone. We can't see past the tears and the pain but God is surrounding us with people to love on each of us and to cry with us. Thank you to all that have been praying and are praying. We can't do it with out God and I wouldn't want to even try. We have hope in God. And that is where we are resting. Resting in the shadow of the Almighty.

Please continue praying. Pray against the lies of the enemy. It takes a village to get us through this. You are our village and God is the one holding this village. Thank You!!
Sent from my iPhone"

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm with you . . . It's such a tragedy it took my breath away as my eyes teared.

As a follow-up we received this message from Missey's cousin Erna in Albany, near the area. Erna hears or knows about everything family. She received the following, written by the grandmother of Marvin, cousin of Erna and Missey . . .

As I read it, I lost it, it's just too much . . .

Ben’s mother in law is Pam Darling (they live near Allen and Julie Cowan and they go to the Assembly in Albany). This is what Pam wrote...

"Our world was turned upside down and shaken to it's bitter roots on Wednesday the 18th of March. We received the call from our daughter to please come now! They can't find Marvin our 2 1/2 year old grandson. I had gotten a text right before that to pray, pray harder than I have ever prayed before. So I was crying out desperately to God, not knowing the situation but knowing that God knew.

As we drove over there I continued to pray that they would find him. When we arrived they had found him in the water and he was on his way to the hospital. I cried out to God with everything that was in me. We arrived at the hospital where we were told that they are continuing to do CPR and that they could here a heart beat. It was slow but it was there. He was very cold so they were trying to get him warmed up so that his body could function properly. Ben and Rachelle were at his bedside. They brought us (grandparents and family) back to see him.

There are NO words for how I/we felt at that moment. The pediatric team was AMAZING!! The room was packed with a team trained in infant CPR. They rotated through out the night for hours trying to help Marvin's little body keep the blood flowing. The Doctor was also AMAZING!!! Such a peaceful and calm demeanor. He knelt down in front of Ben and Rachelle and explained that they couldn't continue doing CPR because his little body could only handle so much. They had been doing everything for him. Now it was time to see what his little heart could and would do on it's own. They would continue to breath for him but they needed to see if his heart was going to respond by itself.

I had along with many others continued to cry out to God. I asked God to sustain him. We gathered around him as they stopped the compressions and we held his hands and feet and talked to him and kissed him. Praying that God would do a miracle right then. God did do a miracle and his heart began beating on it's own. We continued praying. I was pleading with God to breath life into his lungs, into this precious lifeless body. We watched as his blood pressure started to come up. Then they said that he was stable enough to life flight him to Dorenbecker in Portland. I continued to cry out to God, believing that he was going to bring Marvin back to us. It was looking hopeful. The Panda team and helicopter arrived and they began to prepare him for his flight. As they began moving him around and doing what they needed to do to hook him up to their machines his blood pressure began to drop. They worked for several more hours on him.

Finally the doctor once again knelt in front of Ben and Rachelle and with all of us gathered around and explained that Marvin's heart wasn't beating hard enough to push his blood to all the parts of his body and that his organs were not able to work and his body was shutting down. I cried out NO GOD! Please!! Do your Miracle now! Breathe life into his body! It tore my heart out as I watched our daughter cry out NO! He has to come back. Marvin you have to come back. There is nothing I could do to take her pain or Ben's pain away or my own as momma and Granny.

They took all the tubes and wires off of him so we could hold him and love on him and say our goodbyes. I was still pleading with God in every way I know how. God you have raised the dead to life! Now is the time for you to come thru! Now God! Now! It's not too late for you to show your power. We sat there for several hours loving on him. Our hearts crushed. Having no answers myself and not having answers for our daughter and Ben. As I'm watching our daughter trying to go back and get her son as we are leaving the hospital.

The enemy is filling their heads with lies and guilt. I'm having this conversation with God as we drive away. God WHY?!?! Why didn't you raise him from the dead? We arrived at home at 4 something in the morning. Tried to sleep for a bit. I woke up at 7 hoping it was all a horrible nightmare and that Marvin was still with us. Again I cried out why God? Why didn't you raise him from the dead. We needed a miracle. God I don't understand!!!!! Then He said to me, I did raise him from the dead. I did breath life into him. He is with me. I argued with God saying that I meant for him to be here with us. I keep asking why? I don't understand!!!! This doesn't make sense!!

We will never know. It will never make sense. BUT! Here is what I DO know. God is faithful. He has proven Himself faithful through many extremely difficult times. He is always here with me. He has never left me and He has never failed me. He has taught me so much and continues to teach me to trust. There is no one like my God. I can trust my creator. I can trust Marvin's Creator! God loves him far more than we could ever imagine. I can trust that even when things don't make sense to us He is in control. Even though I don't understand. He is in control.

The Detective said this yesterday as he was crying with us and it has stuck with me. "Now it's time to figure out how to turn the pages with out having any answers." That's so true. Not easy but true. So here we are walking where we never thought we would walk, but walking where many have walked. We aren't walking it alone. We can't see past the tears and the pain but God is surrounding us with people to love on each of us and to cry with us. Thank you to all that have been praying and are praying. We can't do it with out God and I wouldn't want to even try. We have hope in God. And that is where we are resting. Resting in the shadow of the Almighty.

Please continue praying. Pray against the lies of the enemy. It takes a village to get us through this. You are our village and God is the one holding this village. Thank You!!
Sent from my iPhone"
Marlin, what a heart breaking story. Marvin's family has many people praying for them. Apparently, God needed another angel.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
This isn't original with us, Missey had it on her Facebook page, but it was so cute I couldn't pass it up.

341 - 348 of 348 Posts