Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Kinda cool Dave, keep us up to date. Toy boxes are like tool boxes you can't have big enough.:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Here's one, make it look like a tool chest and box combo. And don't forget the casters.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's one, make it look like a tool chest and box combo. And don't forget the casters.:thumbup1gif:
AWESOME Idea Randy....I remember in a magazine/catalog a while back a company sold some self adhesive plastic "Fake" Drawer Handles...If I could find them I really might do that.
Or you got another source for some Toolbox Drawer handles I could screw on? etc?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Well, from an economical stand point you could make them of wood and paint them silver or black, oooooh yellow. You know strips across the front.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, from an economical stand point you could make them of wood and paint them silver or black, oooooh yellow. You know strips across the front.
Appearance & Fit/Finish trumps Economical in my book...I'm looking into getting some Kennedy drawer pulls now...they have a simple Aluminum pull that would work great, just gotta find pricing to determine if I want to go down that road..

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, just wasn't sure how far you wanted to go with this project. I think you are on the right track.:good2: Looking forward to seeing a completed project.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a good plan, just wasn't sure how far you wanted to go with this project. I think you are on the right track.:good2: Looking forward to seeing a completed project.
LOL...I dunno where I go yet either...basically I'll see what the pulls cost and if they are reasonable, I'll do it, if not, I'll go with making a Deere one...doesnt matter what project I do, I'm just a believer of anything worth doing is worth doing right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any updates on this? I actually found this site by searching google images for the toolbox ;) I need to build one for my 1 year old too...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres where I stand....
Sealed the edges with Minwax Sanding Sealer, gotta do a sanding and then prime with BIN 1-2-3 and then JD Green & Yellow!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts