Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I'm just under 2 weeks away from defending my office chili cook-off championship. :laugh: This year I'm bringing a new recipe to the table. Since nobody in my office is a part of this forum, I feel safe sharing it with all of the wonderful GTT family.

4-5 Cans of diced tomatoes (2 - Chili ready / 2 - Italian Style) if 5 are used...pick which ever you like best.
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Chili Beans
1 Can of Pinto Beans (strained and rinsed)
1 Can of White & Yellow Corn
1 lb. of Venison
1 lb. of ground beef
1 - Medium sized Onion
1-2 Cloves of Garlic Pressed.
1 - Package of Chili Seasoning (I use Carroll Shelby's)
1-2 lbs. Smoked Pulled Pork (This is my new secret weapon this year)

Brown down your venison and ground beef (with the onion if you like). Throw all the above ingredients in the slow cooker and let all the flavors meld together. I usually add salt and pepper just before serving to get the flavor to my liking. This is a super thick chili just the way I like it. Now last year (and 2 other years) I've won without the pulled pork added. I made this at home with the pulled pork and let me tell ya, it's a game changer! Talk about a flavor bomb! I'll be firing up the smoker next weekend getting the pork butt done before the contest. Now I know some will give me crap about not mixing my own seasonings or using canned goods, but I'm all about getting the best tasting food I can make without making too much work out of it. I like it and others do too. Can't wait to see the look on their faces this year!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Looks really good. I like the idea of the pulled pork. I may have to play with that next time I smoke a butt.

Don't sweat what people say about ingredients. I had a guy giving me a hard time once. I picked up his "hard to get" hot sauce and the first ingredient on the list was "Frank's Red Hot". His hot sauce was mostly someone else's bottled hot sauce. :laugh:

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
On the 9th floor. :dunno:
9th floor-i bet ur building has one of them thingees that dieselshadow works on every day. :mocking::hide: a elevator for sure-right:laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
How about a dozen drops of Texas Pete?? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Got to judge a CASI chili cook off recently; I found that there was very little difference in all of the entries. They all appeared to be hamburger meat in a chili seasoning sauce; no beans, no onions, no green chiles, no tomatoes. Learned later that some contained venison and possibly some wild pig; my last time to volunteer for that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
BAM! Defending Chili Cook-Off Champion 2 years running! :good2:

View attachment 598234
Way to go! I've entered my recipe in several cook-offs and won 2nd place every time. :banghead: I finally just gave it a name - you guessed it: Second Place Chili! :flag_of_truce:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts