Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought several CARBURETORS from CHINA Very cheap for my HONDA 216 series 6.5 hp motor and it still serges as if something is still clogged just like the old carb. Is there a way modify these aftermarket Chinese Carburetor. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Maybe the problem wasn't the carburetor?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I had picked up another Stihl trimmer at a garage sale that had been sitting for an extended time. The carb was gummed up pretty good. You don't rebuild these carbs, just replace them---as the replacements are relatively cheap even from Stihl. The Stihl carb is made in China, so I thought I would bypass the middleman and purchase a replacement direct from a Chinese vendor on Ebay. It didn't work with a hoot. They refunded my purchase price after a few back and forth questions. I ordered the replacement from a Stihl dealer. Works like a champ.

So, the moral of the story is: If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck,---it is not always a duck!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My Mantis tiller was purchased with a gummed up carb, and fuel tank.
I cleaned the tank, and bought the cheapest carb I could find on Amazon...

My now,, $35 total cost tiller,, runs like a champ.
I only use 93 octane non-ethanol gas, and Stihl synthetic oil.

It ALWAYS starts by the third pull,, and has surprising power,,,
I am now on the fourth summer of using it,,, :good2:

·
Registered
286 Posts
China carb might be ok, but you might have to crank the needles a bit. Are there adjusting screws anywhere? Lots of videos out there, but I'd start with the top end screw and clockwise 1/8 turn. Or maybe CCW; YMMV.

OEM gaskets replaced with verified OEM gaskets?

Fresh non ethanol gas everywhere? A can of some high zoot stuff (VP or Tru-Fuel) might help, or verify what works and what doesn't.

Is it a GC160 motor? Pics might help. Also make sure there's no crud in the tank, spark plug is good and air filter is clean/new. A tuneup kit and tank removal/cleanout will help eliminate possibilities. Is the auto-choke spring OK? Is the linkage bent?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello 9mmmac
I’ll give that a try, I did buy a half dozen of those Chinese carburetors so I’ll try 1 or 2 other ones to see if it’s all the same. Not sure what series the motor is, I’ll add some pics.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've had mixed results with the offshore carbs. I stick with an OEM carb just on the principle that my time is worth something, as the cheapos don't last very long.

YMMV, of course.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
Hello, I bought several CARBURETORS from CHINA Very cheap for my HONDA 216 series 6.5 hp motor and it still serges as if something is still clogged just like the old carb. Is there a way modify these aftermarket Chinese Carburetor. Thanks

For my non two stroke stuff, running this in the gasoline has seemed to end my "ethanol / carb / fuel headaches" as that ethanol tends to wreck all fuel systems given the chance..............each small bottle treats 6 gallons of gas and since using this, I haven't had any fuel issues in the "regular gas". I run it in my zero turn as well...........

I bought the small bottles to try it and since then, I have reordered in larger bottles as the cost is much better. I refill the small bottles and use them as its handy to dump a small bottle into the fuel jug when filling them instead of trying to measure it at that time at the gas station.....

Amazon.com: Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - Gas Formula - Shooter 2 Pack: Sports Outdoors

·
Registered
431 Posts
For my non two stroke stuff, running this in the gasoline has seemed to end my "ethanol / carb / fuel headaches" as that ethanol tends to wreck all fuel systems given the chance..............each small bottle treats 6 gallons of gas and since using this, I haven't had any fuel issues in the "regular gas".
Mr Bear,

The nearest fuel stop is 8 miles away and they happen to have ethanol free (non oxygenated) gasoline. Would you recommend the miracle stuff from Amazon over the ethanol free gasoline? I usually get the ethanol free fuel for the small engines. Usually pump a gallon or so into the pickup first to flush the ethanol polluted gas from the pump and hose, then fill my container(s). Also put in stabilizer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello 9mmmac
I’ll give that a try, I did buy a half dozen of those Chinese carburetors so I’ll try 1 or 2 other ones to see if it’s all the same. Not sure what series the motor is, I’ll add some pics.

It certainly looks like a 160.

I bought a Honda carb; PN 16100 Z0 (zero)J 0(zero)13 and a 3 piece gasket kit, but I don't have that part number. I found out that Permatex does NOT work as a gasket. :banghead: Guess I clogged up some holes or passages.

Reactions: gregmartin
1 - 11 of 11 Posts