Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BX-62 at times is pretty tough on the 3720 so time to make it fit category 2. I had some 1/4 plate in with the scraps for the mounts and had my machine shop friend turn the pins and spacers for $20. I sent 'em out with some other parts for zinc so that was a freebie. Here's the story in pics.

Regards,

Tom

Attachments

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Nice craftsmanship Tom! What is the larger machine you are using the chipper on?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice craftsmanship Tom! What is the larger machine you are using the chipper on?
That's a 5M and thanks very much for the compliment.

Regards,

Tom

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
A nice clean conversion.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A nice clean conversion.
Thanks. I started to put the chipper on by taking off the quick hitch and then I thought,"What are you doing? Convert it!" Now it almost falls on.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Thanks, and yes it is Deere paint. Why do you ask?
I also use Deere paint and it always turns out nice, but it is quite expensive, so I was wondering if you might have had another solution that was cheaper with just as good of results. Your stuff looks really nice.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

Beautiful Tom, that is very well done. Nothing like doing the job right.

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
The BX-62 at times is pretty tough on the 3720 so time to make it fit category 2. I had some 1/4 plate in with the scraps for the mounts and had my machine shop friend turn the pins and spacers for $20. I sent 'em out with some other parts for zinc so that was a freebie. Here's the story in pics.

Regards,

Tom
I just found this! I to have a BX62 and JD CAT 2 quick hitch. I need to do this to mine!

Some measurements please. How far out are the brackets?
From the c/l of the pin how far back to the rear bracket?

MIne is red, last one the dealer had, and with a year end closeout I took it instead of my first choice of JD Green.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just found this! I to have a BX62 and JD CAT 2 quick hitch. I need to do this to mine!

Some measurements please. How far out are the brackets?
From the c/l of the pin how far back to the rear bracket?

MIne is red, last one the dealer had, and with a year end closeout I took it instead of my first choice of JD Green.
Hey Zebra, just saw your request. I know it's been awhile but would you still like to get the sizes?

Tom

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Nice conversion, and I like your bird feeder!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice conversion, and I like your bird feeder!

Thanks on both counts.

We have two of the feeders; one we can watch from our livingroom window and one out by the shop and they have provided us with countless hours of entertainment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts