Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guy's n Gals,

First time poster and need help deciding between the 2 JD's.

The D110, asking price of $2,500aud, was built in 2014 with 11hrs on the clock. It is fitted with the side discharge double bagger.

The X300R, asking price of $3,500aud, was built in 2007 with 205hrs on the clock.

Both come with the 42" deck, albeit one with rear discharge and the other side.

I prefer the X300R's Kawasaki V-Twin, but the low hours on the D110's B&S is also appealing, other than that I'm kinda scratching my head to really separate the two.

Area to be mowed is approx 3 acres, with moderate inclines of approx 15-30 degrees.

Given the size of the property and the said inclines, any thoughts on adding an external oil cooler for the trans? Would it prevent slippage after extended use and prevent an early expiration date? : )

Any thoughts and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

My 2 cents

The D110 is low end JD mower sold at dealer and Lowe's. D model comparable to the big box mowers. Get you in the door at a cheap price.

The x300r is or should be better made, better trans axle, my opinion better engine.

May be wrong but that is my feelings.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

Even if the X300R uses the same transaxle as the D110, the X300R is the machine to get in spite of the hours, which aren't all that much to begin with.

The X is built stronger, will be more comfortable, and more pleasant to use.

The D110 is a throwaway lawn tractor.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Thay are both kind of small for cutting 3 acres with hills. An X500 or larger would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thay are both kind of small for cutting 3 acres with hills. An X500 or larger would be my recommendation.
Yeah DD, going to take me around 2hrs with a 42" deck, but it's all the budget will cater for atm. Maybe next year I'll trade up into the 500 or 700 Series, wouldn't that be something : )

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Mayby look around for a larger X300 series. One with a larger deck & better transmission.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
nah, you know you really need (want) a 2 series...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts