Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wasn't sure where to post this with so many on all different things like gold, decals, newly put on, and so on and so on, so I thought I'd just start a new one. My Ken's bolt on hooks and clevis's order came in today so here's what I got. 100_0754.JPG Arrival in great shape! 100_0755.jpg Opened and tools at the ready. 100_0757.jpg Everything I ordered is here, looking good. 100_0758.jpg 100_0759.jpg All measuring done and attached. 100_0760.JPG 100_0761.JPG 100_0762.JPG Decals on and as far as I'm concerned it all looks great! Thank you Kenny! I wasn't sure it would make it today but like you said, it did. Everything went as planned and arrived the same way. There wasn't even a scratch on the box. You need the box back? :lol: Thanks again... Just noticed, pic #5 is my 8 year old's hand showing what he thought of the hooks.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Lookin' good Levi, thanks for the business :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,625 Posts
Nicely done Levi, you did good. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
I like the fact that Kenny takes the time to thank his customers. About the best you can get from clerks or "customer service representatives" is "Have a good day". As far as I'm concerned, the minimum is, "Thanks", when they hand you the change or receipt. When they really piss me off by being completely indifferent, I say, "Thanks for taking my money". Sometimes, I get their attention, but most of the time not.

Good job, Kenny.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Kenny sure looked after me real well when there was a small hiccup in my shipment. First class product AND first class service all the way to northern Alberta!

:thumbup1gif:

I like the fact that Kenny takes the time to thank his customers. About the best you can get from clerks or "customer service representatives" is "Have a good day". As far as I'm concerned, the minimum is, "Thanks", when they hand you the change or receipt. When they really piss me off by being completely indifferent, I say, "Thanks for taking my money". Sometimes, I get their attention, but most of the time not.

Good job, Kenny.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Being new to the forum and a new owner to a 4105 I'm still learning. So, excuse me if I ask a dumb question but what is the main purpose for the hooks on the bucket? I can think of some uses but I don't want to overlook the obvious. Thanks.

My jd family attached, Along with my grandsons tractor. Is gator is at his house.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Welcome DJ,
The hooks are great for general lifting chores, and to help hold objects in the bucket when moving things like logs or brush.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome DJ,
The hooks are great for general lifting chores, and to help hold objects in the bucket when moving things like logs or brush.
Thanks. The lifting I was seeing but I overlooked holding objects in the bucket like the big rocks I was trying to move that kept falling out. Guess I'll be getting some hooks soon.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Thanks. The lifting I was seeing but I overlooked holding objects in the bucket like the big rocks I was trying to move that kept falling out. Guess I'll be getting some hooks soon.
You definitely want to get some! I bought mine from Kenny and, like everyone else, well attest to how high quality they are. I also bought clevis hooks from him. All good stuff.

I had used the hooks here and there since I put them on back in the spring, but a couple of weeks ago I REALLY used them to unload some old implements that I brought home for my old FarmAll Cub. There is no way I could have offloaded this stuff, by hand, by myself. The hooks and some chain made it a non-event.

I have also used "lifting straps" on my bucket prior to getting the hooks installed. The hooks are way easier (and safer) to use!!

EDIT - a pic in this thread will show how I mounted mine - hook on the top, clevis attachment on the bottom. Note - pics or thread are not mine.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome DJ,
Seeing as I don't have any Artillian Forks or a grapple I'll be using them for logs soon as I have a maple tree that is coming down. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
72 Posts
You definitely want to get some! I bought mine from Kenny and, like everyone else, well attest to how high quality they are. I also bought clevis hooks from him. All good stuff.

I had used the hooks here and there since I put them on back in the spring, but a couple of weeks ago I REALLY used them to unload some old implements that I brought home for my old FarmAll Cub. There is no way I could have offloaded this stuff, by hand, by myself. The hooks and some chain made it a non-event.

I have also used "lifting straps" on my bucket prior to getting the hooks installed. The hooks are way easier (and safer) to use!!

EDIT - a pic in this thread will show how I mounted mine - hook on the top, clevis attachment on the bottom. Note - pics or thread are not mine.
My hooks are coming but I only got two and I did not get the clevis hooks! I did not see the use but now you make me think. I guess I can always add later. BTW, I don't plan on painting my hooks, I like the idea of showing them off and if I paint I think they would just blend in :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine came in the mail today...good, quick service on my order. Should be able to find time to get them installed this weekend...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts