• Reverse it so it works like the SCV

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I completed my Electric Chute Height Actuator today, and after trying it out I got to thinking. I set it up so when I push the joystick forward, it raises the chute. Pull it back and it lowers the chute. That seemed sensible, but in retrospect that is opposite of the way the SCV works. For that you pull back to raise the attachment, push forward to lower it.

I can reverse the action pretty easily. What do you think....? Leave it as is or reverse it? Might as well make it a poll....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Every pass with the snow blower will involve pulling back on the SCV to raise the blower and pushing forward to lower it. You'll be making that action over and over. To me it makes sense to have the same action (pull = lift, push = lower) on the chute control.

I would switch it so it matches the SCV.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Looks perfect to me. Up is up and down is down. After using it a few times it will become second nature.

Reactions: keane

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Make it they way you like it. Once you get used to it, it really doesn't matter which way it is.
I personally like it the way you have it. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Any tractor I've ever used with a snowblower, pull back (down) to raise it, push forward (up) to lower.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Regardless of what direction you install it, it will become a muscle memory movement after the first 6 times and from that point forward, you won't even give it a thought. I do know that when I have crossed the hydraulic hoses hooking up the front lift on my quick hitch, it drove me nuts so I swapped it back to the way it normally was. So, whichever option you like is what I would roll with.

When I plow, I pull the lever to raise the plow and push it forward to lower it. When I hooked it up backwards, it was like learning to walk all over again and was much easier to simply put it back to what I was used to.......

Reactions: dakotagun

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so I reversed them. Not because of the poll, my mind was made up before asking. To me, it just seems like it's more OE like if I match the SCV.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where did you find that switch?, I like that better than a rocker switch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you find that switch?, I like that better than a rocker switch.
Believe it or not, I found it on eBay (I usually hate buying from eBay). It's a really nice switch, clearly made for commercial machinery. It has a water tight rubber boot and an o-ring, so it should be very water resistant / water proof (IP67 I think). I also like the aesthetics of it. It fits the Deere very nicely.

It did require me to use 2 relays, but honestly I would have anyway. (I have 30 years of Automotive electrical experience, so I'm a real believer in them). I wrote all about it and shared a link and more pictures here: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/87121-snow-blower-discharge-chute-actuator.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts