Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, quick poll question clamp on forks of Titan Attachments 36" Pallet Fork Attachment for my 210 loader? Thanks Jeff

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Jeff, I made this it's own thread-it would get lost in the "What did you do..." thread-those are not really for questions anyway.

My vote:
Save you money and get some real Quick Attach forks, you loose to much lift capacity, you have to work blind since the bucket blocks your view, and you risk damaging your bucket as well.

Lots of discussion here on Titan products in general if you do a search...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I agree with Kennyd. Save for a bit longer and get the quick attach forks. You will be much happier. I have the Titan forks and bale spears and really like them, however you may like the EA, Artillian, or another brand better or they just fit your budget. Either way you go, I guarantee a set of forks will be one of your favorite attachments.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
My vote:
Save you money and get some real Quick Attach forks, you loose to much lift capacity, you have to work blind since the bucket blocks your view, and you risk damaging your bucket as well.
I agree with Kennyd. Save for a bit longer and get the quick attach forks. You will be much happier. I have the Titan forks and bale spears and really like them, however you may like the EA, Artillian, or another brand better or they just fit your budget. Either way you go, I guarantee a set of forks will be one of your favorite attachments.
Those two posts just about says it all.
Note: The more you like the fork set you buy the more you'll use them, like most things.

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
I came very close to buying clamp on forks some years ago. But after doing a lot of research and hearing the opinions here I held back - eventually got a set of Artilian forks.

My frame of mind was that I would only need forks occasionally - maybe a couple times a year - so the clamp on would be "good enough". What I have found - as so many others have said - is that 1.5 years later now the forks are on my tractor 90% of the time. I think I put my bucket on twice last year for short specific projects then put the forks right back on.

Once you have forks you will use them a lot more than you think. Do it right the first time and get a quick attach fork set. They will last you a lifetime so do it right the first time.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
same here. i have titans and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
I purchased the Artillian frame and forks.

The real goal was to get the Artillian Grapple.... but I started with the forks, then added the grapple later.

I didn't figure I would use the forks much, but since I had the frame anyway.... I got the forks.

Like others have said - They are more handy than you think.

I started with this:
20160402_144004.jpg

The forks did the heavy lifting:
20160408_170752.jpg

And ended with this. Now my wife even appreciates the forks!
20160408_173039.jpg

They have come in very handy for several other projects as well. None I would have tried with clamp on forks either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
don't do it

I unfortunately tried to save money by buying a set of bolt on's. When trying to get under items, the angle of the forks would change and I would have to back out of what I was trying to do and re-adjust the forks. It doesn't take much drag on the ground to move them. After much frustration, bought a set of real forks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I came very close to buying clamp on forks some years ago. But after doing a lot of research and hearing the opinions here I held back - eventually got a set of Artilian forks.

My frame of mind was that I would only need forks occasionally - maybe a couple times a year - so the clamp on would be "good enough". What I have found - as so many others have said - is that 1.5 years later now the forks are on my tractor 90% of the time. I think I put my bucket on twice last year for short specific projects then put the forks right back on.

Once you have forks you will use them a lot more than you think. Do it right the first time and get a quick attach fork set. They will last you a lifetime so do it right the first time.
This made me laugh, I actually bought a set of the clamp/chain binder style 20 years ago. I've used them maybe 2 or three times total since my initial purchase, they've been leaning against the shed unused now for at least twelve years.

·
Registered
492 Posts
So with no QA, what would one need to buy, in order to use the Titan or Artillian forks? I certainly would like to have forks, but putting out the $$ for both a JDQA and the Titan forks, you quickly get close to a 4 digit spend.

Does anyone make a QA that is JD compatible, but for le$$?

Reactions: JeffB1

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
So with no QA, what would one need to buy, in order to use the Titan or Artillian forks? I certainly would like to have forks, but putting out the $$ for both a JDQA and the Titan forks, you quickly get close to a 4 digit spend.

Does anyone make a QA that is JD compatible, but for le$$?
Will, your 410 loader should have the JDQA setup already?

Here is the pic from the Artillian site:
artillian_quick_attach_pallet_fork_set_john_deere_jdqa.jpg

And a pic of my 410:
IMG_3651.jpg

·
Registered
471 Posts
Titan frame and 42" forks on mine. Love em.
I don't currently use them as much as the bucket but then I am still knee deep in landscaping.
Quick change makes it a breeze to swap so I use each more than I would if I had to wrestle them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Will, your 410 loader should have the JDQA setup already?

Here is the pic from the Artillian site:
View attachment 171338

And a pic of my 410:
View attachment 171346

Yes, that's it! Mine is the same as in the 1st pic, so is that what is called the JDQA? Please pardon my ignorance, but I only have bought this pre-owned tractor a few weeks ago, and I am still learning it. In fact, I have not yet tried removing either the bucket, or the loader. I can see that removing the bucket looks easy. Not sure about removal of the loader yet.

But back to the question; so with my setup, I can use either the Artillian, or Titan forks, w/o needing anything else?

Reactions: JeffB1

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Yes, that's it! Mine is the same as in the 1st pic, so is that what is called the JDQA? Please pardon my ignorance, but I only have bought this pre-owned tractor a few weeks ago, and I am still learning it. In fact, I have not yet tried removing either the bucket, or the loader. I can see that removing the bucket looks easy. Not sure about removal of the loader yet.

But back to the question; so with my setup, I can use either the Artillian, or Titan forks, w/o needing anything else?
Yup. :good2:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you

Thank you for setting up the thread, did not even think to do that. Also thank you all for the feedback, very helpful and great advice. Jeff:good2:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Thank you for setting up the thread, did not even think to do that. Also thank you all for the feedback, very helpful and great advice. Jeff:good2:
That's what GTT is all about. Welcome to the club and congrats on the new :greentractorride:

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
A good way to really know how the system works - just take your bucket off and put it back on. You will instantly see how it works and how easy it is.

Just pull the 2 lower pins (shown in KennyD's pic), then with the bucket on the ground, slowly curl and lower the bucket until it comes out of the lower pins and slips out of the upper hooks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts