Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been cleaning up my socket drawer up lately,mainly my impact sockets.I have had these cheap impact socket sets since I started working on tractors,farm and heavy equipment.Some are getting in bad shape,worn out and held up for me for 16 years.Luckily a good friend of mine shown me the Grey Pnuematic impact socket sets he has and said they are holding up for him.Even said they are reasonable priced for the money.I didn't want to spend the money on the tool truck brands.Luckily I checked out the Grey Pnuematic impact sockets and ordered some sets lately,1/2 drive in deep and shallow metric and and standard,3/8 drive deep metric and standard including a 1/4 drive set.Next will be my 3/4 drive later on,noticed some of them are starting to get worn out as well

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Very large selection.

rob

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
@John Deere Lady
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at expanding my impact sockets.

·
Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
568 Posts
Yes, I have been using Grey Pneumatic sockets, extensions, and ratchets for over 10 years and believe they are as good as it gets.

My latest GP acquisition is a full SAE/Metric set of 3/8" drive, 6 point "DUO" sockets. This set has both deep and standard length sockets from 5/16" to 1" in SAE, and 7 mm to 22 mm in Metric.

The GP DUO sockets are made from the same strong chrome-molybdenum as their heavy wall impact sockets, but use a thinner socket wall that makes it unnecessary to have both impact and non-impact sockets (at least for 3/8" drive), since the DUO sockets are rated and warranted for impact use.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
All the sockets I have bought in recent times are impact rated. No sense in having two sets of sockets.

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts
I was hoping you found my Craftsman 6pt, 1/4" drive, 1/4", standard depth socket. 😍

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
At first glance it looks like your cleaning your sock drawer out 😬

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.