Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3038E, and cut a 4 acre field with my new flail mower. Plants were knee high, and now there is a pretty thick layer of cut vegetation. What is a good implement to clear this debris into a compost pile? I'm looking at a pine needle rake or a landscape rake, but wondering if there is something else more suited to the job. Can't afford a baler. Your advice appreciated.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
4 acres of knee high grass is going to make an enormous pile if you rake it up. Either just leave it to dry down and break up back into the field or run the cutter over it again to cut in to even smaller pieces.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 acres of knee high grass is going to make an enormous pile if you rake it up. Either just leave it to dry down and break up back into the field or run the cutter over it again to cut in to even smaller pieces.
We're a small farm so we're pretty used to enormous piles of things, lol. But I will definitely let it dry and run over one more time, and see how that goes. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.