Green Tractor Talk banner

Clutch and brake locked

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  H-D dealer dude 
#1 ·
Hi folks, need some input, I hopped on my wagon puller tractor, just a little D116 and when I sat (I'm tall) my feet depressed both the clutch on one side and the brake on the other side simultaneously and they both stayed down and locked. Weird part is I can't unlock it to save my life!! Can't release either clutch pedal or brake pedal.. any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I'm not familiar with a D116, what is it?

#3 ·
I have the same question. Every D1xx I ever seen only had one brake pedal on the left.
Looked on Tractor House and didn't see any listed for sale. Sounds like a non domestic unit.

Reactions: raco232
#5 ·
I believe your tractor is just a 116 no D in front of the number.

By the looks of the pictures you may have bent something underneath.

#6 ·
Have you tried putting it in neutral? Picture shows trans is in reverse. Not familiar with your machine though.

#8 · (Edited)
Check to see if the Park Brake Locking Knob fell to the bottom of the slot. If so, both pedals will stay in the forward(down) position.
Apply pressure to both pedals while lifting the knob into the uppermost position. See diagram below.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Motor vehicle

The Park Brake Lock is fixed in a slot on the dash pedestal.

Text Line Font Number Logo

#10 ·
Thanks for all the help folks. Don't know how but its all unlocked again. I kept playing with the parking brake lever and it finally unlocked. To say it was frustrating is an understatement!!! Appreciate all the support!! seeing as it's just gone into storage at least I can move it now. Also apologies as i don't have my lingo down 100% by a long shot but learning... it is not a "D" but just a 116! Didn't realize the differences but i'll try to be more accurate in future! Cheers.

#11 ·
I'd look underneath while someone else works the pedals. Put some spray lube on all the moving parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.