Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a new clutch kit in my JD650. This was a kit that I purchased from ebay. I installed the clutch disc in the direction that the manual said to. But it is not right. No amount of adjustment in either direction will give proper clutch performance. When you try to put it in gear it grinds worst than with the old clutch. My question is how do some of you interpret what the manual says about it? Also what is the chance that the kit that I bought could be faulty. The parts looked like what I took out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
The offset section of the hub on a single plate clutch "usually" has to face towards the pressure plate. Otherwise, it will likely interfere with the flywheel or attaching bolts and won't release. Hence, your "grinding" issue.

Clutch toward-pressure-plate.jpg

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The offset section of the hub on a single plate clutch "usually" has to face towards the pressure plate. Otherwise, it will likely interfere with the flywheel or attaching bolts and won't release. Hence, your "grinding" issue.
That is an early Jap tractor,,, I believe,,,
The manuals that came with the tractors are known to have typo's,,, :flag_of_truce:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts